1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Barney's Warehouse Sale Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by gamelan, Feb 7, 2009.

1. gamelan

gamelan Well-Known Member

yep, that time of the year again. surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet. i read about it in Friday's LA Times. the LA one is at the usual location and ends Feb 16th.

i hadn't gone to one of these in years and figured with the economy and all, this would be the one to go to. for me at least, it didn't disappoint.

first off, if you're looking for suits, jeans, or shoes, don't bother. but for just about everything else, you might find something. prices are decent and you probably can get better deals shopping around on the Internet but it's hard to beat the sheer amount of merchandise and selection.

i spent a good 3 hours at the sale. if you've got any specific questions, i'll certainly do my best to try and answer them.

my damage (and to give you an example of the discounts they're giving):

Martin Margiela pants, retail at $525, on sale at $129 (yes, i realize that Barney's may very well have overinflated the prices for the sale)
    Dries Van Noten pants, retail at $695, on sale at $169
    CdG jacket, retail at $995, on sale at $379
    Valentino tie, retail at $150, on sale at $47

i'll probably be back next week to pick through what remains.

-Jeff

2. PG2G

PG2G Well-Known Member

Oddly enough, I only saw two Margiela shirts when I was there. Guess I didn't dig deep enough (or they were still bringing stuff out).

3. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Not sure why people go to this when you can get the same prices while the clothing is still in the store. Seems silly unless you go at the end when they reduce the prices beyond the store's markdowns.

4. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Well-Known Member

Not sure why people go to this when you can get the same prices while the clothing is still in the store. Seems silly unless you go at the end when they reduce the prices beyond the store's markdowns.

Please cite me when you quote me.

5. PG2G

PG2G Well-Known Member

I went today because its like a collection of sale stuff from all of the Barney's on the west coast, as opposed to just the BH store. But yeah, prices are still the same as they were in the last round of sales in store.

6. keykoo

keykoo Well-Known Member

Isn't it just Seattle and SF?

I know the SF buys are relatively weak. Seattle didn't seem that great when I stopped by last year.

7. DGP

DGP Well-Known Member

Isn't it just Seattle and SF?

I know the SF buys are relatively weak. Seattle didn't seem that great when I stopped by last year.

There's also Vegas. And what about Dallas, LA or NY? There are also a handful of Coop stores up and down the West Coast.

8. bohemianmidnight

bohemianmidnight Well-Known Member

doubt you know but are there any BoO ties or Paul Smith socks?