• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barney's Warehouse Sale LA; 2/11 Report

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So stopped by the BNY warehouse sale at the LA convention center yesterday. All in all, pretty disappointing, so wanted to save people the trip if they were on the fence.

I wear a 40r, and there were barely any decent suits in my size. A couple RLBL, but all ones I'd previously passed on in-store (no real use for a solid black DB suit...), and a handful of Canali but otherwise it was mostly house brand, Hugo Boss and Hickey Freeman. If you're a bigger guy, like 44+ territory, then they had a good selection of Zegna suits as well as a few Isaia and probably some others lurking. There was a beautiful solid navy Zegna Milano fit but it was only in large sizes. Sport coats were slim picking, but what they had were alright, with better coats in more sizes, but less overall inventory.

The ties were relatively disappointing, with lots of house brand stuff as well as brands sold primarily in Coop. Shirts were no better. There was some decent sportswear, but nothing to write home about and shoes were abysmal. They seem to have fewer and fewer every time and what they do get is either really crappy, really far out there in terms of style, or in poor condition.

I may go back next weekend when further markdowns are taken (they usually do this for the last 2-3 days), but I left completely empty handed yesterday. Hopefully the NY sale in a week or so will be better and that I'll have an excuse to be in the city around then.

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, I was there on the 1st day (2/10) and agree with above. I'm a common size (9.5/10D shoes, 38s/r suits).

For my sizing:

Suits - Mostly housebrand or Hugo Boss. A few funky patterned zegnas. A couple Isaias and Brionis but the prices weren't great (the Brioni was around $3k i think). Some Hickey Freeman but no Hickey Style.

Shoes - Mostly housebrand or overpriced designer brands. I got the only C&J in my size (see my dark green shoe post).

Ties - Ugly and overpriced

Shirts - Mostly housebrand. Got the last 2 RLBL 15's for $130 each (not sure if this is a great price?)

Outerwear - Nothing worthwhile

Separates - A rack of RLBL, but nothing tempting. Other brands were slim pickings too.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sportin_life
Yea, I was there on the 1st day (2/10) and agree with above. I'm a common size (9.5/10D shoes, 38s/r suits).

For my sizing:

Suits - Mostly housebrand or Hugo Boss. A few funky patterned zegnas. A couple Isaias and Brionis but the prices weren't great (the Brioni was around $3k i think). Some Hickey Freeman but no Hickey Style.

Shoes - Mostly housebrand or overpriced designer brands. I got the only C&J in my size (see my dark green shoe post).

Shirts - Mostly housebrand. Got the last 2 RLBL 15's for $130 each (not sure if this is a great price?)

Separates - A rack of RLBL, but nothing tempting. Other brands were slim pickings too.

Only RLBL shirt I saw in my size (15.5) was the black and white stripe with contrast collar and barrel cuffs, a truly dreadful combo IMO. My opinion on prices is that below $150 is a great price for a RLBL shirt you really like, and below $80 is a great price for any RLBL shirt that fits whose pattern you can tolerate.

I'd consider going back for the RLBL light brown suit with the stripe and peak lapel, but only once they take another 50% off. Same for some of the RLX sweats and outerwear. I couldn't find a single tie I'd pay more than $30 for, though.

btinl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sportin_life

For my sizing:

How much were the C&J Keswick?

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Keswicks were $300+tax, which isn't bad. This was on the first day before additional sales though, and it looks like nothing is going to last long.

It may have been particularly bad this year because in the same convention center they were having a national conference for the american stroke society and the place was swarming with healthcare professionals taking breaks from their talks.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in the hunt for a regular medium brown suit. I'm a 42R. I doubt anything good will be left, right?

Cheers

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went back today for the final day to see what was left/what the additional markdowns were. Some decent stuff left, but very disappointed with the markdowns for the most part; suits, sport coats, shirts and shoes were each only an additional 25% off. Ties were 50% off and sportswear was 40% off. Ended up with two Kiton ties at $65 each and a Ralph Lauren (RLX line) short zip jacket for about $80.

Had suits and sport coats gone 50% or more off the sale prices, I might have tried one of those RLBL wide lapel suits they showed last season, but alas the deals sucked (since we weren't talking staples here)...

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by celeste_pista
any reports from NYC?

I didn't think the NY sale had started yet. I also heard they're doing a SF sale this season? Is that true/new?

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TimelesStyle
I didn't think the NY sale had started yet. I also heard they're doing a SF sale this season? Is that true/new?
NY sale has started..........

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Viral
NY sale has started..........

I don't know why they had two in the West Coast and one East Coast instead of one of each in East Coast, West Coast, and Mid-west. They could have had sales in Chicago, IL......

Oh well, I really wanted to go because I love to go crazy as a brand whore!

oaw01

Reaction score
Hickey suits at Off Saks - $599 - 40% off. I pass because that ***** would be down to $200 in a matter of time.

cam

Reaction score
I was actually happy with the tie selection. I got three house brand ties for $63... Works for me!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads