• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barneys Warehouse sale coming to NYC

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
This could be great news for me and other NYers. Can anyone out in LA (that's been) give an idea of what to expect at this event? FYI, it starts Aug 17th, check site for details.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to the LA one tomorrow, I'll post results.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i'm gonna try to go myself. i want to see if they have any C&J Stanleys in my size.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
i'm gonna try to go myself. i want to see if they have any C&J Stanleys in my size.

How good do the deals get there? I've never been before.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I've heard deals are pretty damn good, I'd venture to guess around 40-70% off, but the reason I don't go is because it's all the stuff that's been lingering on sale in stores that couldn't be sold. I'm sure there might be a few gems but I despise rummaging and would rather pay full pop to ensure I get what I love.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JET
I've heard deals are pretty damn good, I'd venture to guess around 40-70% off, but the reason I don't go is because it's all the stuff that's been lingering on sale in stores that couldn't be sold. I'm sure there might be a few gems but I despise rummaging and would rather pay full pop to ensure I get what I love.

When there is something I just have to have, or need, I'll pay full retail if need be just to get it. However, I am a born bargain hunter, so I have fun going through stuff like this just to see if I find something cool that I wouldn't have otherwsie bought, but will at this price.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I give the stuff a C, and the prices a D+. Pretty much 50% off retail on mostly house brand stuff. The shoes were all pretty crappy, the suits were 70% house brand, 25% Hugo Boss and 5% other (a bunch of Valentino in there), but at those prices, no great deals. Very little good stuff in denim, and shirts weren't much better. Not worth it unless they have another round of reductions, IMO.

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
I give the stuff a C, and the prices a D+. Pretty much 50% off retail on mostly house brand stuff. The shoes were all pretty crappy, the suits were 70% house brand, 25% Hugo Boss and 5% other (a bunch of Valentino in there), but at those prices, no great deals. Very little good stuff in denim, and shirts weren't much better. Not worth it unless they have another round of reductions, IMO.

Good heads up man... I'll let you know what I find/don't find.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoMak_NYC
Good heads up man... I'll let you know what I find/don't find.

Well, I'll put it this way: if you would otherwise buy this stuff at full or near full price, it's a great sale, as they still have a lot of suits and dress shirts and that kind of thing. However, if your intention is to go and dig for real gems, you probably will be disappointed. Oh yea, their house brand ties were $29, not bad at all, I just didn't have anything jump out at me.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
The start of the sale is notoriously bad. The prices are often the same, if not worse, then the final days of the regular Barneys sale. Wait until the last day, when they offer serious markdowns.

Yeah, but how's the selection then? Do they continuously add merchandise, or is it more of a dump it all out at the beginning type thing?

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So do the prices really stay the same until the very last day, or was that sort of an exageration, meaning they hold out for a while? If it's the last day, great, I'll head out there next Sunday, but are there intermediate markdowns that happen before that?

TrojanGarb

Reaction score
Just went yesterday. Overall there wasnt a huge selection. Mostly the house brand, a few odds and ends of good stuff. The prices were on average 50% off, a bit more for jeans. Think outlet deals and it's the same. There were a few gems in the jeans. They had a few ernest sewn half selvage fultons, some skinny rag and bones, and a near rigid pdc I almost bought. The prices were just ok though, about $80. Had about 2 nudies, all washed and small sizes, and an interesting nom garcon or whatever that brand is levi repro that was $950 down the to much more reasonable $330
tongue.gif
. They started an extra 30% on some suits, and extra 20% house shirts. I was able to pick up a house brand suit for $150. One of the few pretty good deals there. What i find insane is what they try to pass in their "as is" section. There were jeans with giant holes ********** that they still wanted $70 for. Suits mismatched with nasty gashes for more than $300. And mangled ties for $20-$50, though a few were good because the stain wasnt visible.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TrojanGarb
Just went yesterday. Overall there wasnt a huge selection. Mostly the house brand, a few odds and ends of good stuff. The prices were on average 50% off, a bit more for jeans. Think outlet deals and it's the same.

There were a few gems in the jeans. They had a few ernest sewn half selvage fultons, some skinny rag and bones, and a near rigid pdc I almost bought. The prices were just ok though, about $80. Had about 2 nudies, all washed and small sizes, and an interesting nom garcon or whatever that brand is levi repro that was $950 down the to much more reasonable $330
tongue.gif

They started an extra 30% on some suits, and extra 20% house shirts. I was able to pick up a house brand suit for $150. One of the few pretty good deals there.

What i find insane is what they try to pass in their "as is" section. There were jeans with giant holes ********** that they still wanted $70 for. Suits mismatched with nasty gashes for more than $300. And mangled ties for $20-$50, though a few were good because the stain wasnt visible.

The house suits I saw were either $199 or $397. Is the 30% off on most stuff, or just some? The problem with the less expensive house suits was that they all had pleated pants, which I can't wear. Any idea when they will discount everything a bit more? While I wouldn't pay $400 for any of their house suits, or $600 for a Valentino, I'd happily pay $200-250 for the former, and up to $300 for the latter, assuming minimal tailoring was needed for either.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics