• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barneys Suit or BB GF at $600

jasonsun

Reaction score
Both of mine SA offered me a deal, BB GF at $598 or Barneys in house made in Italy full canvassed for $599. Same color/pattern...which one would you pick?

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Whichever fit me better.

devil.gif

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jasonsun
Both of mine SA offered me a deal, BB GF at $598 or Barneys in house made in Italy full canvassed for $599. Same color/pattern...which one would you pick?
Barney's fits me better, so I'd pick that; it's also harder to find IME at a discount. Edit: is the BB GF a made in italy Regent model? If so, both suits are made by Caruso, though the GF has a higher retail price, for whatever reason.

jasonsun

Reaction score
Originally Posted by polar-lemon
Barney's fits me better, so I'd pick that; it's also harder to find IME at a discount.
Edit: is the BB GF a made in italy Regent model? If so, both suits are made by Caruso, though the GF has a higher retail price, for whatever reason.

Yes it's GF made by Caruso....GF is retailed for 2400, Barney is at 1595. Then again MSRP not tell me anything.

Fit wise, about the same....I don't usually shop at Barneys, so don't know how good their customer service is.....

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jasonsun
Yes it's GF made by Caruso....GF is retailed for 2400, Barney is at 1595. Then again MSRP not tell me anything.

Fit wise, about the same....I don't usually shop at Barneys, so don't know how good their customer service is.....

You might want to see how much alterations will cost if you're planning to have it done at the store. I'm inclined to say that Brooks will be cheaper than Barney's in that respect. I think the Barney's suits are quite nice, but have never seen the italian GF suits; perhaps the higher pricetag is indicative of more handwork or nicer fabrics? Then again, I don't see any quality differences between the 2k RL caruso suits and the 1.5k Barney's caruso suits (despite the dramatically different silhouettes).

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GF's for $598? I thought the 1818's were $598.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeWoah
GF's for $598? I thought the 1818's were $598.

Sometimes they go on sale and you can get them for $598.
Jason,what store has them?Can you share?I would get a 40R if they have one.

jasonsun

Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
Sometimes they go on sale and you can get them for $598.
Jason,what store has them?Can you share?I would get a 40R if they have one.

Short hill had 1 left in my 38S, and i was interested in it last quarter, but decided to put on hold.....the SA called me and said he's w willing the stack the corp dis on the current sale, which is 15% off from 898 sale price, and he was going to open a BB card, which is another 15% and i have a $30 coupon from my dad's birthday....so it comes to about 600.

jasonsun

Reaction score
Originally Posted by polar-lemon
You might want to see how much alterations will cost if you're planning to have it done at the store. I'm inclined to say that Brooks will be cheaper than Barney's in that respect. I think the Barney's suits are quite nice, but have never seen the italian GF suits; perhaps the higher pricetag is indicative of more handwork or nicer fabrics? Then again, I don't see any quality differences between the 2k RL caruso suits and the 1.5k Barney's caruso suits (despite the dramatically different silhouettes).

Good point....Brooks always had offered me complimentary tailor as i know the SA fairly well. I think both had pick-stitch, all claim to have S-150 fabric (which concern me a little), i don't think the buttonhole are hand sewen, lapel is rolled, don't recall it it's hand or machine stitched....................

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads