• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Barker Shoes?

Dan G

Reaction score
Any have info on Barkers? Could their top of the line "Arthur Barker" shoes be equivalent to AE or maybe Alden?

NYCESQ

Reaction score
I own three pairs of the Arthur Barker line of Barker shoes. They are the top of the line models of British Barker brand. (As for Barker Black, I do not know what its actual relationship is with the original Barker, or if the Barker factories even produce the Barker Black brand).

I have very wide (EEE) feet, so it is often difficult for me to find shoes that fit properly. Therefore, if I find something that fits, I tend to buy a few pair at a time. I had never heard of the Barker brand before, but 2 yrs. ago I was in London and wandered into a Barker shop. I purchased 3 different styles of the Arthur Barkers. In my opinion, they are very well constructed shoes.

Mine say that they are handmade, have beautiful beveled waists, and great coloration. I think I paid about 300 British Pounds for each pair.

I would rate them on par with Grenson Masterpieces, and suggest that maybe this limited production line was the precursor, and/or made to the same specs as the Barker Black line.

TKDKid

Reaction score
I remember seeing Arthur Barker shoes on the Barker website a while ago, but they're not there any more so may have been discontinued.

They were supposedly made to order and some of the designs looked quite nice. Limited colour selection on the models though, and I was amused to see "antique black" as an option on some of them.

Pretty sure they weren't GBP 300 though - I think it was more like GBP 125.

well-kept

Reaction score
I just acquired a pair with the Arthur Barker logo on the sockliner. Certainly made to a higher level of quality than any Barkers I have seen. Channeled soles and beveled waists. On visual inspection they seem on a par with EG. Have yet to wear them. Oddly there are no interior markings at all indicating size, production number, etc.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.