• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Barker Black .. with pictures!

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice nice nice - but too large in size and in price for me.

pkincy

Reaction score
I love the shoe and Barker Blacks in general. Wonderful wonderful new shoe line.

Unfortunately for both of us I wear a 9D.

Perry

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I foresee a huge price reduction in these shoes when novelty of scull and bones wears off.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While it is an undoubtedly pronounced logo, the medallion is such that you have to really look to even see that it's there.. not as ostentatious as say, a skull and crossbones polo (I have one) or tie.

They're very well-made shoes, very nice leathers, and definitely deserving of a similar price-tag to say handgrade C&J, if not slightly more due to their styling. I don't think the prices will decrease a whole hell of a lot.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
I foresee a huge price reduction in these shoes when novelty of scull and bones wears off.

I could not disagree more. The position of the perforations on this shoe do not prevent it from being a total classic. If I weren't still a university student relegated to Ferragamo, Loake and Jil Sander shoes, I would certainly buy these.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
'relegated' to Ferragamo and Jil Sander. I like that - I only recently graduated to those brands (Ferragamo anyway) and I'm a working professional as they say. Of course, I've also indulged in C&J HGs, JLs and EGs
Edit: Oops. I realised too late that this is a selling thread and I shouldn't really make these pointless comments. Apologies.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 131 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 245 32.4%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 119 15.7%
  • 31 - 40