• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barker Black v. Barker? What are the differences?

SuitMyself

Reaction score
I would presume BARKER BLACK and BARKER shoes are not the same? I would think they're the same company but obviously the quality and design of the shoes are different . . . Would this be correct? Any insights on this one, please? Thanks.

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Barker Black is their attempt to compete with the high end British makers. It is a joint venture between Barker and I forget the other maker; In my opinion, it fails miserably in terms of design and quality for the price they charge.

Northampton Novice

Reaction score

Barker Black is their attempt to compete with the high end British makers. It is a joint venture between Barker and I forget the other maker; In my opinion, it fails miserably in terms of design and quality for the price they charge.

Wasn't aware of any other maker other than Barker of Earls Barton being involved.

Design - it's subjective whether you like or not. A lot of people detest the ouvert skull & crossbones medallion on some of the BB models but to be honest, it's not screamingly noticeable.

Quality - It's better made, with better leathers than the standard Barker stuff for sure. In terms of frivolous features you do get a channel stitch sole, a full length 1 piece leather insole (actually helpful) and a full leather heel (Un-helpful, no damn grip & a deathtrap in the wet).

However, they are too expensive for what you end up with, they are not in terms of construction & materials a high end shoe. They are decently made, but for the price you can do better.

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

However, they are too expensive for what you end up with, they are not in terms of construction & materials a high end shoe. They are decently made, but for the price you can do better.

not to derail, pm me please, ty

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads