• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barker Black Service Experience

MisterGee

Reaction score
I own a pair of BB Archdales, and I'm in need of a new set of laces, which are quite unique in that they're of high quality (something one would expect with a shoe of this ilk), and they have a metal sort of endcap. I decided to call their store in NYC in pursuit of an OEM set. I was prepared to pay a not significant, but more than negligible, cost for a replacement set. In a matter of 45 seconds the representative took my address and, without mention of money, he told me the laces would be on their way to me (in MA) in a matter of days. My offer to provide my credit card information was rebuffed. I was pretty impressed. Just thought I'd relate a story of good cheer and customer satisfaction. And by the way, I love the shoes and I think they're of the utmost English quality with a unique, rakish twist.

Tony

Ochowie

Reaction score
I have also experienced a very high level of service at the BB store in New York. Even though this was during the sample sale and the shoes were on significant discount, they helped me without issue. I believe that I was also being helped by the designer (if I remember his name correctly).

FlaneurNYC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Service and quality are what will make or break high-end clothing companies in the new economy. It sounds like BB also sees this as true.

jreigen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your experience. Little things like that can go a long way.

judges76

Reaction score
During their sample sale, I went in & tried on a shoe I really liked but I really didn't like the color. They put it on hold for me & when I called back they told me they had gone ahead & located the shoe in the color I wanted. I reaaly appreciated that as it was my first time there & they took the extra effort to accomodate me. They also included 4 extra sets of laces.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads