• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barker Black MTO Damage Photoessay

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After 126 days, a package was finally waiting for me, a door tag that is. A short trip to the local FedEx facility after work and the wait was finally over. I thought I'd share a photo essay of my MTO Barker Black Crown/Wolfe hybrid Loafers. Before I begin, I know that Barker Black is one of the more controversial brands on this forum. It seems to ignite both passion and vitriol. It is probably the closest shoe equivalent to Tom Ford and Thom Brown and their subsequent threads. I own several pairs of "better value" makers such as Edward Green and Crockett & Jones. While EGs are my favorite, I have soft spot for both C&J and Barker Black. I'd like to think the subsequent shoe is a good example of what they are capable of.

I have always liked the Ashfield last that the Wolfe Loafer and Archdale wingtip are on. It is very very similar to C&J's 337 which is also one of my favorites. I had a vision of the perfect loafer (for me) about a year ago and it combined the penny strap found on BB's Crown Loafer, with the higher vamp and ashfield last found on the Wolfe bit loafer. I had a moonlighting job this summer and earned a little extra spending money and decided to finally place an order. Luckily I got the order placed before the September price increase which was 10% across the board I believe. Barker Black charges a 20% upcharge for all made to order shoes. They take 40% at the time of order and 60% at completion. I have to say Toure at the shop was very courteous and helpful throughout the entire process. He even called to let me know that my shoes were going to be delayed a few weeks (past the 16 weeks normally) due to my pair not passing QC and that they were going to remake a new pair. Luckily my shoes arrived sooner than that, in perfect condition and with free shipping and a hand written letter to boot. I can not ask more of customer service. It was a pleasure dealing with them.

Without further ado...

bb12ad1.jpg

MTO Perk 1: Your Name in the Style Box
bb11nu6.jpg

Receipt & Hand Written Note
bb10ud2.jpg

bb1us9.jpg

bb3je8.jpg

bb6mi0.jpg

Nice Waist treatment
bb8aw0.jpg

MTO Perk 2: Your Name in the info Oval
bb9wl7.jpg

Detail Shot
bb2mf0.jpg

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
beautiful man, absolutely beautiful.

Huge envy right here.

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not a big loafer fan, but I like them. Nice work.

dopamine

Reaction score
While I'm not a fan of penny loafers, that is one hot looking shoe. I've always thought that a pair of Barker Black derbys with the skull medallion would look perfect with a Thom Browne suit.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopamine
While I'm not a fan of penny loafers, that is one hot looking shoe. I've always thought that a pair of Barker Black derbys with the skull medallion would look perfect with a Thom Browne suit.

Mr. Miller of Barker Black is no stranger to Thom Browne suits.

plotter

Reaction score
The best rendition of a loafer from Barker Black in my eyes. The color is great. I have the StanHope, and I am so amazed by the skull nail print and how beautiful their soles turn out to be, although I might sell my StanHopes, because they are bit too big.

Anyway, congrats!

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I probably will never do a custom order loafer, but if I did, those might be it

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not for me, but very cool shoes. My first thought was that the crown is very Budweiser-esque.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Not for me, but very cool shoes. My first thought was that the crown is very Budweiser-esque.

Was thinking the same. Everything else about them, especially the colour, is great.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
very interesting casual shoes, i particularly like the pair of "x" stitches on each side. congratulations.

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, what a penny loafer. If you don't mind me asking, what is the cost for MTO shoes?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of loafers, but these look very well done.

nate10184

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of C&J Loafers in about the same color and I've slowly fallen in love with them. These are in a whole nother world though. Great.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads