1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Bargain-bin tie atrocities.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by 1Dgaf, Jan 27, 2005.

1. 1Dgaf

1Dgaf Senior Member

Some plonker at House Of Fraser decided to throw a group of ties in a 70%-off bargain bin along with a t-shirt whose selling point was velcro-backed, detachable, letters of the alphabet. Several of the t-shirts letters had come off and stuck to tie, almost literally ripping them to shreds.  There were sseveral ties of a single style that I wanted, but every single one of them was torn or frayed.  They weren't even worth the 70% off price - and that was laughably cheap. I'm not sure why this incident infuriated me so much; I suppose just because it was so fucking dumb and that no-one seemed to care nice objects were getting destroyed. What's even more insulting is, the t-shirt that buggered them up was a piece of gimmicky crap. Edit: I did find a nice Hackett tie, £20 instead of £50.  I also got a Daniel Hechter one for £4.50.

2. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I really, really, really hate when people ruin good clothes. I have found many things like that in thrift shops, so I feel your pain.