• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bareney's warehouse sale, finally a good buy

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went back yesterday for the second to last day of the sale to see what the suits were pricing out at. Not good. 30% off on house brands and 50% on "star sticker" suits (which all had pleated pants). I liked a few of the house brand ones, but at $280, plus the $100 or so my tailor would charge to alter it, it didn't seem worth it. Some good shoe deals, but not on the stuff I'm looking for right now (fashionable yet able to wear to work), and then I hit the tie rack. Three Zegnas and Brioni for $123.

Chordate

Reaction score
I got a pair of Venturi shoes for 99 bucks... I bet it could have been the best deal in the whole building.

Chordate

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
How the hell did you pull that off?

No idea... I was just looking at Venturi shoes (because I like them) and looking at the soles (where the price was). This one listed 755 regular, 99 on sale... I didn't believe it at first, so I got the box to go with the shoes to see if the same price was on the box, and it was.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i assure you i had the best haul,2 kiton cashmere jackets 199 a piece and a brioni suit 269 plus 2 isaia sports jackets 140 a pop plus an oxxford suit 269 and a gucci tuxedo 140 all of which wil be going on ebay shortly.i just get very lucky when it comes to clothes
tounge.gif

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eddievddr10
i assure you i had the best haul,2 kiton cashmere jackets 199 a piece and a brioni suit 269 plus 2 isaia sports jackets 140 a pop plus an oxxford suit 269 and a gucci tuxedo 140 all of which wil be going on ebay shortly.i just get very lucky when it comes to clothes
tounge.gif

wow.gif
You can't be serious!

Any 38R in there?

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tounge.gif

I am calling ******* shenanigans man. Were they 56Ls or something?

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nope 42 and 46 mostly

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
tounge.gif

I've got to see those jackets. The only kiton shirt I found was marked down to $225.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
I am calling ******* shenanigans man. Were they 56Ls or something?

Well, it they weren't purple or flourescent green, it's not impossible that a pricing mistake was made but I got to agree with you on calling *******, not just regular, shenanigans.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i will post pics they are beautiful one is navy the other is navi with a subtle stripe

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what were the final markdown percentages on the suits, for those who went today?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads