Bareney's warehouse sale, finally a good buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by DGP, Aug 20, 2006.

1. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

i assure you i had the best haul,2 kiton cashmere jackets 199 a piece and a brioni suit 269 plus 2 isaia sports jackets 140 a pop plus an oxxford suit 269 and a gucci tuxedo 140 all of which wil be going on ebay shortly.i just get very lucky when it comes to clothes[​IMG]
    If I had flown to NYC this weekend I could have gotten deals like this, and even including airfare, would have come out better than buying on ebay.

2. DGP

DGP Senior member

If I had flown to NYC this weekend I could have gotten deals like this, and even including airfare, would have come out better than buying on ebay.

Lol, so you thinking a trip to NY for the last day of the warehouse sale there?

3. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

Yes, but that's rather like saying index fund x is a bad investment because you can buy a $5 lotto ticket and get a 1,000,000x ROI.

4. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Not to diss eddievddr but until we see pics and price tags, I'm going to have a hard time believing this. According to his post, Oxxford, Kiton and Isaia were marked down lower than the Barney's private label suits and sportjackets. Unless this was some back of the truck deal, that is just hard to believe.

5. seok

seok Senior member

Yes, but that's rather like saying index fund x is a bad investment because you can buy a $5 lotto ticket and get a 1,000,000x ROI.

lol...perhaps more like a speculative-grade bond investment, lucky to get your airfare's value back if the Warehouse Sale selection doesn't default on you!

6. ranchsooner

ranchsooner Senior member

Not to diss eddievddr but until we see pics and price tags, I'm going to have a hard time believing this. According to his post, Oxxford, Kiton and Isaia were marked down lower than the Barney's private label suits and sportjackets. Unless this was some back of the truck deal, that is just hard to believe.

Ed, I think I agree with you. Does seem a bit hard to believe, unless maybe the Easter Bunny helped with the sale. If it is true though, at least there were no 40R's.[​IMG]

7. Edward Appleby

Ed, I think I agree with you. Does seem a bit hard to believe, unless maybe the Easter Bunny helped with the sale. If it is true though, at least there were no 40R's.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'm beginning to think that perhaps eddievedder is in fact the girl from Stu's avatar, and that she brought the twins out to get a better price.

8. jml90

jml90 Senior member

Any 50r/l anywhere?

9. DGP

DGP Senior member

I guess also the NY sale had better stuff. I thought that hadn't started yet, which is why I was upset at first I hadn't seen such great stuff at the LA one, but now that I see Ed and his beautiful Ferragamos are in NY, not LA, I feel better [​IMG].

10. cchen

cchen Senior member

Yup. I call BS on this. I literally dug through piles and piles of suits and sportcoats, and there was no way that any of those brands were marked down that much.

11. Edward Appleby

Well eddie, I think the gauntlet has been thrown sir. Post some pics and prove your discount skills.

12. DGP

DGP Senior member

Well eddie, I think the gauntlet has been thrown sir. Post some pics and prove your discount skills.

Or tag switching skills, lol.

13. jml90

jml90 Senior member

Whatever get's you the best deal

14. EL72

EL72 Senior member

I've never been to the Barney's warehouse sale but the staff would have to be pretty clueless (and you'd have to be quite bold) to pull off as many switches (if they were bought at the same time). You may get away with one or two pieces but 2 Kiton cashmere jackets for $199 - come on... those are $5,000 coats!!! A brioni suit for $269.... Isaia coats for $140... there is no way in F%^$&[email protected] H%#&*#LL!! I can't believe all you New Yorkers who went to the sale somehow missed those 95% off deals... Uh huh [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. mussel

mussel Senior member

I am with you. I think he's full of hot air. It's plausible if he found a mis-priced Kiton but to pull off 6 pieces of Kiton, Brioni, Oxxford and Isaia for grand total of $1200? It's a total BS. I looked thru every racks of jackets, suits and overcoats of every sizes the very first day, they'd have jumped right at me at that prices.

Even funnier for someone naive and gullible enough to believe all these BS to the extend he'd have flown to NY. [​IMG]

Not likely. All the high price items like Kiton, Brioni, Oxxford and Battistoni have the color dye security tags punched thru the price tags into the garments. The price tag can't be removed from the garments without destroying it.