Barcelona in late Oct/early Nov

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by rdawson808, Jun 3, 2006.

1. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Okay, talk has now turned to us going to Barcelona for our honeymoon. I know little of the place except that everyone says it is great. I'll grab a book on the place soon, but in the meantime...

Any suggestions for good deals on tickets, hotels, etc.? Or particular hotels to avoid/look for, etc.? Or even on the time of year. Will this be good/bad/indifferent?

Thanks,
    bob

2. designprofessor

designprofessor Senior member

I stayed down near the Ramblas? older part of the city. Lovely, but that was along time ago. One of my favorite cities. Take time to go to Parc guell, Gaudi's residence.
    Bullfights?

3. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

there is a cathedral in progress - the holy family cathedral - it is basically a bunch of interesting high towers you climb on. I suggest you see that. and eat a lot of ham, the best ham you will ever get in your life.

the night life is pretty spectacular, too, but I can't give you any more details than that, because I am so out of touch.

have fun

4. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

La Sagrada FamÃlia: [​IMG] Spanish restaurants, etc. serve rather late, and many refuse to seat you at an early time.