• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barbour Tweed Country Jacket

fiftyfour

Reaction score
I have really fallen in love with the Barbour Soft Tweed Country Jacket since seeing it online. Two things though...is it too stodgy or "old man". I'm 39 and my style is classic and a bit preppy. Second, where does this jacket fall on the formality scale? Would it be appropriate with a shirt and tie? or something less formal? I guess I am asking how one could wear this jacket. Thanks in advance.

Master Squirrel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the roll. You are 39... release your inner codger. I did it at that age and never looked back... 'cept for when those good-for-nothing kids run across my weedy lawn.
plain.gif

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Load the front pockets full of shotgun shells and I doubt anyone will give you any crap on what you choose to pair it with.

Especially with a nice over-under draped over your shoulder.

Nice jacket
smile.gif

fiftyfour

Reaction score
I agree, a quality over/under would be the perfect accessory to this jacket. I looked at the Sapper Coat. Looks to be solid, but the Country Jacket is more appealing to me, at least looking online.

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whether a tweed jacket looks old and frumpy completely depends on the fit, which you're not going to know until you try it on.

Nathaniel72

Reaction score
That jacket is so versatile, there is no telling what you can't do with it.
smile.gif

fiftyfour

Reaction score
Exactly! Is it a sport coat or an outdoor coat? I guess that is the question.

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fiftyfour
Exactly! Is it a sport coat or an outdoor coat? I guess that is the question.

It's both, though I think it would look best as the final layer.

Fred H.

Reaction score
Wear it color up and 20-gauge or not, take no crapola.

singlefin

Reaction score
Anyone know how this jacket might fit? Seen other posts about Barbour jackets running large...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics