• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barbour men's authentic mac

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a durable, classic trench coat.  At Coats and Hats  I saw the Barbour Men's Authentic Mac pictured in the "waterproof, breathable jacket" section. Do any of the esteemed members of the Forum own one?  Seen one?  Any opinions, feedback are welcome.

DC_Brit

Reaction score
I am far from an esteemed memebr, but I do have one - a Solway zipper from 1982. Still going very strong. It's a bit like an old Land Rover really.

mxb95

Reaction score
Not esteemed either - first post actually.  I am not familiar with the Authentic Mac, but I've been quite pleased with the Beaufort model I've had for several years.  It has worn very well and truly is impervious to water.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've also been lusting after this coat. If it rained more here in Colorado, I'd probably buy one. I saw it first in the Ben Silver catalog, then saw it in person at Paul Stuart in Chicago (with the Paul Stuart label, for about $200 more than Ben Silver.)

Very nice.

Kai

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've also been lusting after this coat.  If it rained more here in Colorado, I'd probably buy one.  I saw it first in the Ben Silver catalog, then saw it in person at Paul Stuart in Chicago (with the Paul Stuart label, for about $200 more than Ben Silver.)  
Do you think that the coat featured in the recent J Press catalogue is also the Barbour "mac"?  (The J Press trench coat that is supposedly made "by the Scots"?)

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you think that the coat featured in the recent J Press catalogue is also the Barbour "mac"? (The J Press trench coat that is supposedly made "by the Scots"?)

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with J Press.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my quest to find a Barbour Authentic Macintosh coat online, I came across a store in Wisconsin (of all places.) that has everything in the Barbour line. Â I had no idea that Barbour offered so many products. Â They are more than just wax coats. Â I thought Forum members might be interested in seeing the product line. Below is the link to the store site: Fischer Barbour

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dadgummit. Â I mistyped the link to Fischer's Barbour store in Wisconsin. Â
mad.gif
This link is correct: Fischer's Barbour My apology.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads