• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

barbour international

pinchi22

Reaction score

My biggest concern at this point is the sleeve length

I think that´s another reason to try before buying. My International has a perfect sleeve length, but I´m kinda short (5'8¨).

mystix

Reaction score
Pinchi what size did you end up ordering?

I am 5'8 and 145lbs. I think the 34 fits me the best. I plan on using it as a spring/fall jacket so layering will be minimal

Beetleything

Reaction score
Just to let everyone know ...in Canada?? that Club Monaco had some Barbours for a few months now and they are on Sale!

I picked up an International yesterday - dropped from 419 to 299 Canadian.

Sizing was spot on - 40 in a suit - 40 fitted perfectly in the International.

I am 5,10 and about 170lbs.:)

mystix

Reaction score
you missed the extra 30% they had a week ago ;)

NormanF

Reaction score
For those on a tighter budget, the Kakadu Nelson is a pretty good waxed cotton enduro style moto jacket.

I have a L (44-46) for sale on ebay. I'd keep it if it fit. The waxed cotton almost feels like leather in terms of weight and stiffness.

thm_Kakadu%20Photos%202%20046.jpg

If you have a really tight budget, Peregrine Clothing's TT Jacket is perfect. Its made of British Millerain waxed cotton. Its the perfect three season jacket thinks to its moto inspired heritage:

Authentically English and I have one!

NormanF

Reaction score
Besides the Kakadu, are there any other decent Babour International or Belstaff Roadmaster knockoffs, er sorry, replicas? Anybody know the quality of John Partridge in the U.K.?

Try Peregrine Clothing in the UK. They make excellent jackets of decent quality. You can't go wrong with them.

pinchi22

Reaction score

Pinchi what size did you end up ordering?

I am 5'8 and 145lbs. I think the 34 fits me the best. I plan on using it as a spring/fall jacket so layering will be minimal

I have it in Medium. It´s a bit snug, but just right for me.

jay-ninja

Reaction score
Thought I'd add to this thread. I picked this International up on ebay last week for £130. It arrived looking like this;

75th_before.jpg

But I had to speed up the aging process - after a deep breath and a 'to hell with it' attitude I put it into the washing machine at 40 degrees, no soap. The result is great and I'm really pleased with it now - It shrunk just a touch and now fits perfectly in the arms, which before were just a bit too long. It's also got a more distressed look and feel about it - A good start I think, I'll wear it thorough this summer then re-wax come Autumn.

75th.jpg

Last edited:

ctck

Reaction score
rewaxed my fairly new barbour this weekend, totally ruined it. the wax seeped through the seams to the lining so now it's fucked, mother ******..
hundreds af pounds down the drain

Beetleything

Reaction score

rewaxed my fairly new barbour this weekend, totally ruined it. the wax seeped through the seams to the lining so now it's fucked, mother ******..
hundreds af pounds down the drain

??????????

ctck

Reaction score
You know the thing they (barbour) keep saying, don't wash warm or with detergents etc.. Not that I have, but the same goes for applying too much wax, which I must've done.. It can stain the lining with wax (which it did).
Along the seams around the sleeves the lining has a darker colour, obviously from the wax.

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You know the thing they (barbour) keep saying, don't wash warm or with detergents etc.. Not that I have, but the same goes for applying too much wax, which I must've done.. It can stain the lining with wax (which it did).
Along the seams around the sleeves the lining has a darker colour, obviously from the wax.

Pics??

swedeli

Reaction score
Just purchased a royal blue Barbour international steve mcqueen edition.
Heard talking about the belt, how some choose to "tie the belt at the back of the jacket" or something?
As I am not too fan of the belt yet, I'd really like to see how that could look like.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads