barbour international

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by robinsongreen68, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Racing Green

Racing Green Senior member

... so for those with the international original, how warm is it??? is it recommended to buy one of those quilted inner liner layer jackets?

I wear the original International without a lining as I think it should fit slim which also means that I don't wear it much in very cold weather. I have a Beaufort with the teddy bear lining (as MoK very descriptively calls it) for very cold winter days.

2. Alex C

Alex C Senior member

My International is arriving today. I bought it from: http://www.scotia.uk.com/ It's a neat shop in London I visited when I was there a few years ago. With the exchange rate as it is now, it's about $100 under Orvis. Shipping isn't awful, either. International purchases like this qualify for no-VAT, but you may have to email the owner.

3. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

A few years ago I picked up a Duralinen International when they came out with those. It's definitely lighter weight than the normal one but it's a really cool piece I think. It's like yellow linen but coated with black PU (it's a black jacket above all else) but over time the PU kind of fades and cracks in high-wear areas. Think "sick fadez" or whatever but for your jacket. It definitely has a cool look to it though that is very different than the normal waxed or non-waxed cotton. Here is the only picture I have of it, but it's from a few years ago so there is no sort of wear on it at this point. I'll try to get a better one soon. [​IMG]

4. MichaelPemulis

MichaelPemulis Senior member

5. danilo

danilo Senior member

I got an international on the way thanks to a forum member who sold me his [​IMG] will post pics once I get it.

6. deputychino

deputychino Member

Hello all, this is my first post in the style forum. Got my 75th anniversary Barbour International from fedex on Thursday. I was able to find it online in the UK for much less than jcrew's price point. Although that's not to say it wasn't without it's hassles. Since I had never tried on an International I had no idea what type of sizing to expect. After researching different forums I decided to size up because I thought maybe they would run small.

Usually I wear between a 40R and 42R depending on the style of jacket. I decided to roll the dice and take a chance on a size 44. Yeah...it was quite large. Luckily the people at the store I ordered it from were very helpful. Word to the wise, these jackets run large. I wanted a more form fitting fit so I actually went with 38. It fits well, a little tight in the arm pits, but I attribute that more to fact that I'm hard to fit(40R-42R with a 33-34 waist). Overall I like it a lot.

Anyone else get one of these 75th anniversary jackets?

7. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

^JCrew doesn't sell the international.

Edit: my bad y'all. (hand raised, head down).

8. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

Yes they do. They sell special edition International jackets. And Yes it runs very very big; I think the 36 had a chest measurement of 45-46 inches.

9. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Not all the Internationals run large - the standard A7 is fairly generous, but some versions are much slimmer - it pays to check the actual measurements if you're not sure.

10. tunnelrat

tunnelrat Well-Known Member

I like the Barbour more, the price is also better than belstaff, but the loud logo on chest pocket is totally ugly. Dunno. ;(

11. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

I got an international on the way thanks to a forum member who sold me his [​IMG] will post pics once I get it.
    Can you post the actual chest/shoulder/sleeve/length measurements?

12. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

I like the Barbour more, the price is also better than belstaff, but the loud logo on chest pocket is totally ugly. Dunno. ;(

barbour is way better than belstaff ... im not a huge fan of the logo either but belstaffs no longer an english brand. owned by italians and apparently the quality has gone with it

13. danilo

danilo Senior member

Can you post the actual chest/shoulder/sleeve/length measurements?

I'm probably dropping it off at my tailor's today and I don't have a measuring tape so I likely won't have a chance to measure before it gets 'slimmed'. Although I won't be touching the chest, or length of anything, I may get the waist suppressed a little bit and the sleeves (towards the bicep/arm hole) will definitely be taken in quite a bit.

14. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

barbour is way better than belstaff ... im not a huge fan of the logo either but belstaffs no longer an english brand. owned by italians and apparently the quality has gone with it

I though the same until I tired on a belstaff roadmaster. The fitting is far better and the quality HAS not gone down for belstaff. This issue has been touched upon on other forums such as filmjackets--

15. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

^oh nice good to hear!

sorry shoudl have added that i own and have not handled any belstaff other than the few at jcrew stores