Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Barbour Distressed International - Can I Get The Flag Removed?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Grammaton Cleric, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Grammaton Cleric

Grammaton Cleric Senior member

2. Chips

Chips Senior member

I carefully took a seam ripper to my black Barbour jacket to get rid of the big flashy yellow and black patch. I hate conspicous labels on anything. You wouldn't notice the very small pin holes in the jacket unless you were looking two inches away.

I am optimistic that it will, with time complete disappear with wear ( the jacket hardly gets warn and still looks brand new) and it wont affect the water repellent.

3. anginaprinzmetal

anginaprinzmetal Senior member

Love this jacket but hate the Union Jack plastered on the breast. Would it be easy to have removed? http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/o...7342/37342.jsp
    Can the flag be removed? Sure. Is it gonna look good? No, it'll leave a dark spot where it was. Now, if you don't mind, the Union Jack is part of the "flavor" of the jacket, why do you hate it so much?

4. alliswell

alliswell Senior member

I am optimistic that it will, with time complete disappear with wear ( the jacket hardly gets warn and still looks brand new) and it wont affect the water repellent.

Optimism is not a plan. The care label on your coat should say that any stitching through the exterior of the coat wil require re-sealing. Removing stitching is the same thing.

5. Percy Trimmer

Percy Trimmer Senior member

I carefully took a seam ripper to my black Barbour jacket to get rid of the big flashy yellow and black patch. I hate conspicous labels on anything. You wouldn't notice the very small pin holes in the jacket unless you were looking two inches away. I am optimistic that it will, with time complete disappear with wear ( the jacket hardly gets warn and still looks brand new) and it wont affect the water repellent.
    Optimism is not a plan. The care label on your coat should say that any stitching through the exterior of the coat wil require re-sealing. Removing stitching is the same thing.
    I did the same with mine and the pin holes have disappeared (probably resealed themselves being so tiny and there being so much wax on a new jacket). You don't need to worry about water-proofing on the International as the label is on a pocket flap. HOWEVER, on the distressed version it is above the pocket.

6. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

can you guys post pics of the jacket with the label removed? contemplating doing it

thanks

7. Mercurio

Mercurio Member

I did the same with mine and the pin holes have disappeared (probably resealed themselves being so tiny and there being so much wax on a new jacket). You don't need to worry about water-proofing on the International as the label is on a pocket flap. HOWEVER, on the distressed version it is above the pocket.

Even though this is an old post and request, I will love to see some pictures with the label removed: I hope someone will post them.

8. Percy Trimmer

Percy Trimmer Senior member

No camera to hand, I'm sorry. But there's really no need - nothing to see. Four years on I wore mine today and there is absolutely no sign of where the flag was. The tiny holes disappeared very soon after removing the flag.