• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barbour Bedale Alternatives?

mattyb124

Reaction score
After trying on the Bedale multiple times, the fit just doesn't work for me. Really like the body of the 38, but the chest and sleeves are just too tight and the 40 is just way to big in the body. Anyone have any suggestions for similar type jackets in the same rough price range? Really like the style of the Bedale, but open to others. Thanks for the help, couldn't find much in the search...

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a sub $100 alternative

twdawson

Reaction score
Yeah ideally i don't want to be spending more than $100-150 either. Maybe try a thrift/vintage store? It's frustrating because compared to women, men's thrifting is a lot more hit&miss/ mostly junk. I'm sure a large city like Chicago might have a few places though.

Not to take away from the point of the thread but on that note & to anyone else reading, i'd honestly love some recommendations for dressing well on the cheap. Stupid college tuition....

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently picked up an International on the FS forum, and I'll agree - got it in my usual size of a 42, and while the arms hit right on, the body is a bit big. The waist cinch of the International helps to compensate, but I suppose that's not an option on the Bedale.

If I'm not mistaken though, Barbour does offer slimmer fitted versions of most of their stuff, no?

gawkrodger

Reaction score
paul smith has a bunch of variations on the bedale this season

mattyb124

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gawkrodger
paul smith has a bunch of variations on the bedale this season

I checked out the PS online shop and didnt see much... Is there a better spot to find them? Thanks.

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,...e-For-Men.html Fits slimmer in the body and longer in the arm than Barbour. Made in England as well. You can definitely find a coupon online for 25-30% off the listed price which makes it a pretty decent deal. What is up with Barbour pricing in America? I saw the retail prices in when I was in England and unless Barbour has raised prices 30+ percent during the recession I'm pretty sure it is a rip off to buy it here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads