• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barbour Ashby made in UK?

Pat A.

Reaction score
So I’m interested in getting a Barbour Ashby style jacket in the Olive color. But I want a Barbour jacket made in the UK. And I live in the US. Those retailers selling Barbour in the US all have Ashby’s that are made in Moldova. But contact I’ve had with UK retailers (End, CHO, Back Country) have assured me they have Ashby’s made in the UK... At the same time, just looking around online, I’ve encountered folks who have Ashby’s made in Tunisia and other folks who have Ashby’s made in the UK... I’m not sure if the color factors in here too.

Anyone also encounter this problem?

Anyone have an olive color Ashby style jacket made in England? Anyone know a retailer in the UK selling England-made Ashby’s that will ship to the USA?

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just get a Bedale. The exposed brass buttons on the Ashby look stupid, and in 5-10 years when you no longer care about all of your clothing being “slim fit” you will be glad you got it.

Pat A.

Reaction score
Just get a Bedale. The exposed brass buttons on the Ashby look stupid, and in 5-10 years when you no longer care about all of your clothing being “slim fit” you will be glad you got it.
Fair enough! What about the length, though.. I appreciate that the Ashby is a bit longer than the Bedale, and can more easily cover a sportsjacket.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fair enough! What about the length, though.. I appreciate that the Ashby is a bit longer than the Bedale, and can more easily cover a sportsjacket.

Beaufort, then.

To answer your earlier question I’m pretty sure Barbour has not made Ashbys in England for quite some time. Others may know better though.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Beaufort or Border, if you want to fully cover a sports coat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads