• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barbera suit for $500, bin

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That's one of the low-end fused models though.

Brian SD

Reaction score
That's one of the low-end fused models though.
This blows my mind that you know this. Not a label in sight and you can point out that it's fused?

aybojs

Reaction score
That's what I was worried about; it's my size, but it's hard to tell anything about that suit given that the photos don't show any details. It's depressing how so many high end manufacturers are now making cheap fused lines (Belvest, Isaia, Barbera), which now makes high end suit buying on eBay a little more frustrating.

A Harris, what gave away the suit's origins? The pictures are pretty bad and as far I can tell don't leave much room to identify anything.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, I am impressed, Andrew.

I assumed that the retail price was legit, but now it seems as though it was invented by the seller, as I'm sure LB wouldn't sell a fused suit for $2,500+.

Seemed like a good deal at the time...

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's obviously a machine-sewn buttonhole on the lapel, the cut is not right for Sartoriale, it looks stiff, also, compare the tag and detailing to this auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....me=WDVW The sucker is also lying about the retail price, and half of his auction is plagiarized, from me
mad.gif

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Andrew, you need to copyright your auctions. Need a lawyer?
smile.gif
And I told you you had "super suit seeing powers".

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's obviously a machine-sewn buttonhole on the lapel, the cut is not right for Sartoriale, it looks stiff, also, compare the tag and detailing to this auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....me=WDVW The sucker is also lying about the retail price, and half of his auction is plagiarized, from me
mad.gif
I was about to say..he stole that whole description from one of your auctions. And yes, it is the fused line...no wonder he took such crappy pictures (I LOVE the fact that the pictures of Bennifer and Hair piece are much better). koji

FCS

Reaction score
Ok, I'm surprised that the Club line is fused. A. Harris, I suppose you've met Michal Sestak, the Barbera reps in NYC? According to him, the Club line was discontinued a few years ago but the suits were 70/30 hand/machine and fully canvassed. I spoke to him over the phone in the beginning of the year asking specifically about this.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Michael is a great guy. I don't want to contradict him, so maybe these suits were made even earlier, or perhaps something else is going on. All I know is that the ones that I have seen in person were fused.

I can't really complain when manufacturers sell a lower priced fused line, as long as it is priced accordingly and properly represented. Some people just aren't going to shell out the money for a well made suit. I do have a problem with ebay sellers who claim that they retail for $2895 though.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to again second Andrew on this one -- the Club lines that I saw in Century 21 were fused. Great for a fused suit, like I've said before. And the pants on those suits were flat front, just like the ones in the auction. My guess -- this is some Century 21 affiliate selling on Ebay. Maybe I'm wrong, but the price, location, etc. suggest an insider to me, especially if the Club line was indeed discontinued. If that is the case C21 is likely one of the few places carrying new suits.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads