• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barbera by Partenopea?

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
File this under, 'for academic interest.' Can anyone confirm or deny?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:SS:US:1

Luciano Barbera's top collection line is now done by Sartoria Partenopea. This sportcoat is made by Sartoria Partenopea. The firm is located in Naples, and they have their own label, as wll as doing private label, as well. To my understanding the firm was founded by two former Kiton employees. They have a wonderful operation that has a cult following that is growing.

mkk

Reaction score
It's listed as 30% cashmere, 30% camel and 60% wool?

kali77

Reaction score
120%
laugh.gif

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kellyb generally knows what she's talking about, but that seems a bit odd.

Fabro

Reaction score
I noticed the same thing. I'm a big fan of Partenopea (and, for that matter, Barbera), so I'm interested to see if this can be confirmed. She is a very good dealer and really knows her stuff.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Given the calvacade of houses that have produced garments for Barbera, this seems to make perfect sense.

Paging Dr. Harris....

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yep, some of the current garments are indeed made by Partenopea. Kellyb's auction piqued my interest as well, so I ran an ebay search to see if there were any current auctions showing the interior labels on the most recent version of Barbera suits. I found one, compared it with some pics of Partenopea labels I have on file and they are identical. The auction I found was a handmade suit with an odd label, so, I don't know for sure if all the recent Collezioni Sartoriale suits are Partenopea. Definitely could be the case though.

If your Barbera garment has "C.C.I.A.A. NAPOLI 495876" printed on the left side of the size/content label then it was tailored by Partenopea.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So is Attolini totally out or is the Sartoriale stuff made by both?

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Attolini was two makers back, that was about two years ago I think.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris
Attolini was two makers back, that was about two years ago I think.
Jesus, two makers in as many years?

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Actually, there have been three... (But now that I think about it, the Attolini's might be closer to three years old, so it's more like three makers in three years.) This is not uncommon though. Designers and private labels switch suppliers quite often. That's the beauty of having your own label.

It should be noted that the quality has not really suffered from the supplier changes. Barbera Collezioni Sartoriale has always been and continues to be a top tier garment, both in terms of tailoring and styling/sophistication.

oldeurope

Reaction score
Sartoria Partenopea does a special line for Barbera in a "Barbera-cut". Nice to know: Barbera-Collection is alway 30% more than a regular Partenpea piece but it fits half as good Partenopea does. So buy Partenopea at your local dealer and not Babera on ebay!

Fashion is a state of mind!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads