• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Barbara/attolini

HRHAndrew

Reaction score
I was recently looking at a Barbera suit I have, and it really looks like it was made by Attolini. While it was very fine, it seemed to be just a step below Attolini's. I have never actually seen a Sartorio, so it could be on par with that. In any event, does anyone know if my eye picked up something here, or is it that I have been trying to stay up since midnight last night to beat jet lag on my flight to London later today.

shoefan

Reaction score
My understanding is that the Barbera Collezione Sartoriale suits are now made in a facility that is jointly owned by Barbera and Attolini; the facility may also make the Sartorio line, thougth of this I am not certain. Somebody (theworldsfinest?) on e-bay was selling some jackets, of a brand name I don't recall, that were also from this facility.

JErwin

Reaction score
Something like "Eligo"? Was that it?

shoefan

Reaction score
Yes, Eligo. Theworldsfinest (aka Vintageusa) still has an Eligo jacket for sale on their web site. Their assertion is that Eligo is made in the same facility, which they is actually owned by one of the Attolini brothers who left the Attolini business.

The brand Eligo Napoli is owned by none other than Vincenzo Attolini. He is the eldest son of Cesare Attolini and named after his grandfather, who by many is considered the originator of Neapolitan clothing.

He broke off several years ago from Massimilliano and Giuseppe, Cesare's other two sons, to start his own label. He is so proficient at producing high quality goods he has "won" the contract to start producing all of Luciano Barbera's suits and coats.

JErwin

Reaction score
Has anyone seen any Eligo garments in person? If so, how do they look?

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bumped into some Eligo Napoli stuff today, very very high quality work with great fabrics with a wonderful Neapolitan cut. May pick some stuff up here to sell on to members as none of it is in my size.

Last edited:

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quote:
Bumped into some Eligo Napoli stuff today, very very high quality work with great fabrics with a wonderful Neapolitan cut. May pick some stuff up here to sell on to members as none of it is in my size.
What stuff do they make? shirts, ties, suits?

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've only seen suits and sportcoats at the moment. Similar in quality to Sartorio. RRP for a sportcoat €1200.

Last edited:

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought Sartorio was made by Kiton and that Stile Latino was made by Attolini...... :puzzled:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy