• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barba Shirt Quality - Recent

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was reading the tag on a Barba shirt I was looking at and saw this composition:

74% Cotton, 23% Polymide, 3% Elastane

Wouldn't 100% cotton be better? Isn't the mix cheaper/less quality? (I could be way off)

I saw plenty with 100% cotton, it just seemed odd that they were all the same price.

Restart

Reaction score
The shirt you saw was more stretchy than 100% cotton

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The polymide (nylon) adds strength, which is useless in my opinion for a dress shirt, and the elastane, of course, adds a stretch factor, but again is useless for a dress shirt in my opinion. I would be curious as to the reason why Barba sourced this fabric for a dress shirt. It is sub-par quality, but as we know quality is very subjective.

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those shirts are super slim and some stretch makes them more comfortable. Makes sense to me, I love wearing them.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you fellas!

I figured it was a stretch thing. Seemed odd for the price point though.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emmanuel
because those shirts are super slim and some stretch makes them more comfortable. Makes sense to me, I love wearing them.

How would they compare to Borrelli?

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those shirts are super slim and some stretch makes them more comfortable. Makes sense to me, I love wearing them.
+1. Finamore, Buonamassa, Mazzarelli all make shirts like that. Have not seen a decrease in quality vs. cotton shirts.

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Achilles_
How would they compare to Borrelli?

Far be it from me to speak on something I have no experience with. I dont own any Borelli shirts. I can say that I have never purchased any Borelli shirts because they just are not slim enough for my frame. On Barba shirts I love the thick MOP buttons, the spread of the collar, the material feels great and my favorite detail has to be the hand finished shoulder.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Far be it from me to speak on something I have no experience with. I dont own any Borelli shirts. I can say that I have never purchased any Borelli shirts because they just are not slim enough for my frame. On Barba shirts I love the thick MOP buttons, the spread of the collar, the material feels great and my favorite detail has to be the hand finished shoulder.

I just received my first Borrelli and everything is perfect except for the waist. I love the fabric and MOP buttons. Chest/arms/shoulders is just right. $10 for my tailor and I will be happy
tounge.gif

I will have to try a Barba soon
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 38.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 29 18.5%

Forum statistics

Threads