1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Barba Napoli shirts

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by yachtie, Jan 31, 2008.

1. goverias

goverias Member

I don't think you can identify these two lines by looking at pictures. The only way is to try them on and feel how it fits or in your case ask for the exact measurements.

Barba also has two different fits I was told by a Barba dealer. Normal and slimfit. It's the first time I discovered they also had two different fittings like Borrelli.

2. Fabro

Fabro Senior member

Barba and Borrelli are the only RTW shirts I buy anymore. I seem to find better deals on Barba though, so I have more of those. I have a linen Barba I got from one of the Italian eBay sellers that is my favorite shirt in the summer.

3. Preparatory

Preparatory Senior member

Hows Barba slim fit compared to lets say the BB extra slim fit? I just ordered a Barba slim fit shirt in 14.5 from Shop the finest and usually I have the same size in BB extra slim fit.

4. radicaldog

radicaldog Senior member

Hows Barba slim fit compared to lets say the BB extra slim fit? I just ordered a Barba slim fit shirt in 14.5 from Shop the finest and usually I have the same size in BB extra slim fit.

Barbas are marginally roomier in the chest.

5. Preparatory

Preparatory Senior member

Barbas are marginally roomier in the chest.
    Ok, what about arms and waist?

6. comrade

comrade Senior member

Everybody, correct me if I am mistaken, but the Barba shirts I have seen seem to
    have fused collars.

7. radicaldog

radicaldog Senior member

Ok, what about arms and waist?

All in proportion I'd say.

8. TheWorldsFinest

TheWorldsFinest Senior member Affiliate Vendor

9. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

10. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

I'd say that's on ok deal. Shopthefinest (Ian Daniels) regularly has a good selection of Barba shirts available for approx. $120-140. Note also that Barba makes a variety of sleeve lengths for any given collar size (and Ian always gives the exact sleeve measurement in his listings).

I have several Barba shirts and fit them to be cut a bit slimmer through the torso than Borrelli. (Not to be a complete shill, but once again I find Ian's very detailed measurements to be very useful in finding a good fit once establishing a baseline for comparison.)

Sorry for bumping this thread, but thought it would be better than starting a new one. I'm interested in Barba Napoli shirts and have been looking at shopthefinest, which makes me confused concerning the measurements.

Take these two just to make my point:
    http://www.shopthefinest.com/p-47001-barba-napoli-pink-shirt-size-155-us-39-eu.aspx
    http://www.shopthefinest.com/p-46697-barba-napoli-blue-shirt-size-155-us-39-eu.aspx

It's the same collar size (15.5) but the chest measurements do differ 2.5". Are the shirts different fits or is it a typing error on behalf of shopthefinest? If they're different fits, what are the fits?

Also, where can one purchase Barba Napoli shirts online beside from shopthefinest, as I find their supplied range to be very small?

Hope someone can answer my questions. Thanks in advance.

11. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

I found the Barba much better overall, especially the sleeves-- they are properly slim. The one I have is Barba black label, sewn by hand- it's for sale.