• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Barba/Finamore - very different shoulder measurements?

bugatti.veyron

Reaction score
I've never bought barba or finamore, but based on shopthefinest's measurements it seems like finamore is much more slim fitting. Have people generally found this to be the case?

Ex.
Barba 15 neck, 42 chest, 17.75 across back
Finamore 15 neck, 41 chest, 16.25 across back

That's an entire 1.5 inch difference from shoulder to shoulder! Has anyone found the barba shoulders to be too wide? 17.75 seems pretty large for a shoulder seam-shoulder seam measurement...that's about the size of my brooks slim fit, which are quite blousey

Another random question: which collar (barba or finamore wide spread) would you prefer to wear without a tie? They seem quite different from the pictures

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I require a larger size than you, but I find both brands fit slim. The Barba shoulder width, in my size at least, is not at all wide. It's just that Finamore shirts have narrow shoulders. They also vary a bit more in chest size, while Barba seem to be more standardized. Barba are possibly a bit slimmer in the waist as they often have darts. I find Finamore quite tube-like in the body and they don't work particularly well on me.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finamore has different fits, the shoulder measurements can vary greatly with shirts of the same neck size.

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you like slim fit, Barba has a slim line and I've seen a couple on STF aswell.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by winston
The Barba shoulder width, in my size at least, is not at all wide. It's just that Finamore shirts have narrow shoulders.

+1, IME.

bugatti.veyron

Reaction score
But 42/17.75 on a 15 inch neck does not seem slim at all. Am I doing something wrong with my measurements? I'm assuming the 42 is p2p x 2

Can someone else that wears 15-inch slim give some measurements for their shirts?

Wicky

Reaction score
Its difficult to go on shoulder measurements of Finamore compared to e.g. Barba (and other famous makers). This is because shoulder is measured seam to seam and the shoulder construction of Finamore's shoulder is completely different than most others. Trying to put it in an example. Shirts with same chest size:

Others are: I I
Finamore: _I I_

Hope this makes some sense.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.