• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barba/Finamore - very different shoulder measurements?

bugatti.veyron

Reaction score
I've never bought barba or finamore, but based on shopthefinest's measurements it seems like finamore is much more slim fitting. Have people generally found this to be the case?

Ex.
Barba 15 neck, 42 chest, 17.75 across back
Finamore 15 neck, 41 chest, 16.25 across back

That's an entire 1.5 inch difference from shoulder to shoulder! Has anyone found the barba shoulders to be too wide? 17.75 seems pretty large for a shoulder seam-shoulder seam measurement...that's about the size of my brooks slim fit, which are quite blousey

Another random question: which collar (barba or finamore wide spread) would you prefer to wear without a tie? They seem quite different from the pictures

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I require a larger size than you, but I find both brands fit slim. The Barba shoulder width, in my size at least, is not at all wide. It's just that Finamore shirts have narrow shoulders. They also vary a bit more in chest size, while Barba seem to be more standardized. Barba are possibly a bit slimmer in the waist as they often have darts. I find Finamore quite tube-like in the body and they don't work particularly well on me.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finamore has different fits, the shoulder measurements can vary greatly with shirts of the same neck size.

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you like slim fit, Barba has a slim line and I've seen a couple on STF aswell.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by winston
The Barba shoulder width, in my size at least, is not at all wide. It's just that Finamore shirts have narrow shoulders.

+1, IME.

bugatti.veyron

Reaction score
But 42/17.75 on a 15 inch neck does not seem slim at all. Am I doing something wrong with my measurements? I'm assuming the 42 is p2p x 2

Can someone else that wears 15-inch slim give some measurements for their shirts?

Wicky

Reaction score
Its difficult to go on shoulder measurements of Finamore compared to e.g. Barba (and other famous makers). This is because shoulder is measured seam to seam and the shoulder construction of Finamore's shoulder is completely different than most others. Trying to put it in an example. Shirts with same chest size:

Others are: I I
Finamore: _I I_

Hope this makes some sense.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads