• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barantini quality?

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really need to get some kind of briefcase fit for a lawyer that fits a 15.4" wide laptop. I'm looking at the Barantinis on STP. Anyone have experience with those?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one (soft side brief) and have been very happy with it. Leather and styling are great and it seems well constructed

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing , I think I saw Soph post a pic with one and it was very elegant.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very pleased, very soft leather, very well constructed and durable and easily acquired for 1/4 of retail makes it a tremendous value.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got the double one from STP to fit a tablet pc and all the items I need to carry.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which one exactly? Does it fit 15.4" (widescreen) fine?

Basically I was wondering what length of briefcase fits those slightly larger models. I was thinking you'd need to look for at least 17 inches.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought it so I will let you know when it comes but it was the double buckle one.

I haven't found a good bag for 17 inchers, so for my powerbook 17 I look at Shaun Jackson's backoffice. Very neat.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I purchased the extra wide brown case and it is spectacular. The locks , leather , and quality are incredible. Worth every penny from STP.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any point of comparison, to American brands for example?

Does it have a shoulder strap and separate laptop compartment?

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This bag I think was strictly made for large legal folders and lots of documents, but I have another neoprene sleeve I use for my tablet pc and smaller laptops that I put in and then put in this bag and for a powerbook 17 it could fit but I think you want something with a lot more padding or another sleeve.

The locks and leather quality are as good if not better than my purple label bag.

For everyday work I use the Shaun Jackson BackOffice and for first time meetings I use this bag.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
I noticed a couple of nice looking bags on sale at Levenger. I know nothing of the quality, and the size might be too small for your needs, but there's the Oxford bag and the Trafalgar bag, both made in England.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads