Baracuta jackets

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by modual, Sep 2, 2006.

1. modual

modual Senior member

Like the look of these myself. Very classic. Any of you guys have one or like the look of them ?

[​IMG]

2. phaedrus

phaedrus Senior member

Don't have one, but I do like that style. The closest I have is a repro- members only jacket.

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I have the Merc version of the G9 Harrington.

Baracuta's are nice. It's the original G9 (there's also a variation called G4 that doesnt have the elasticized cuff/hem) A bit pricey at $200+ and while I try to buy quality/authentic items, this was one case where I opted to get the lesser priced repro and it's served me well.

Keep in mind they run large and are a bit boxy so it's good to size down. I wear a small with a 38" chest. Classic mod/skin jacket.

If you live in London there's a 'bird' that sells the Baracuta G9 for 50 pounds..apparently she works for the company and can get them real cheap so she sells them to the local Mod community. If anyone in London is interested I can get you her phone # as she only deals direct with locals.

4. familyman

familyman Senior member

I have the Merc version of the G9 Harrington.

Baracuta's are nice. It's the original G9 (there's also a variation called G4 that doesnt have the elasticized cuff/hem)

Thanks for that info, the G4 is a darn nice looking jacket. I may have to look into that.

5. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I have a khaki Lands' End version I wear in spring weather. Looks good with a collared shirt or polo buttoned up. Not authentic, but I don't care. If I found one in a lighter sand color, I'd prefer it, but I won't spend over thrift store price for one.

6. duofold

duofold Well-Known Member