Baracuta Jacket Fit?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spencer, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Looking to pick up a Baracuta G9 Slim Fit coat. I did search the jacket, I know there have been many posts, but there seems to be different opinions on the fit. Some say the slim fit is still pretty true to size, and I've seen other guys say the body is true but the sleeves are tight.

I typically wear a 42R or 44R (tailored) suit/jacket. The two most recent coast I bought were a Paul Smith Jeans Blazer in 42 and a Theory blazer in 44. So I literally can do either size.

What have been your guys experience on Baracuta sizing? Thanks,

-Spencer

2. Naf Nasitra

Naf Nasitra Senior member

In my experience, even the slim fit is blousy and long. OI'd order down.

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

it runs big. even the slim fit is not really slim fit

other brands have better "slim fitting" G9s, but if you want Baracuta than the slimfit is better than classic fit. I would size down since even the slimfits run large. But if you're tall you risk the arms being too short. The sleeves will never be tight, unless you have pythons for biceps

4. Naf Nasitra

Naf Nasitra Senior member

Also, the measurements on the Baracuta website are useless, and for some reason, they refuse to answer emails requesting actual measurements of their garments.

5. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

Great info, GS!

What size in FP, BS, JTG or Baracuta would I need to fit an 18" shoulder?

6. Johnathan

Johnathan Senior member

it runs big. even the slim fit is not really slim fit

other brands have better "slim fitting" G9s, but if you want Baracuta than the slimfit is better than classic fit. I would size down since even the slimfits run large. But if you're tall you risk the arms being too short. The sleeves will never be tight, unless you have pythons for biceps

Agreed about the sleeves. I had mine tailored down a few inches and it looks a lot better. I could have fit two of my arms in the sleeves, and I'm not a small guy by any stretch. And that's sized down two.

7. harryc

harryc Senior member

Great info, GS!

What size in FP, BS, JTG or Baracuta would I need to fit an 18" shoulder?

I purchased a 38 (small) Baracuta G9 from another SFer and it fits very well.

18" shoulder here. I wear a 38R suit jacket and the Baracuta fit very well in the chest, shoulders, and sleeve length.

8. blackdarkeye

blackdarkeye Senior member

i heard the vintage fit is even slimmer.

9. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

I'll add to the chorus: The sleeves on the "slim-fit" are definitely not slim-fit. The body seems true to size though. I'm a 36r and the 36 fits me quite well.
    Agreed about the sleeves. I had mine tailored down a few inches and it looks a lot better. I could have fit two of my arms in the sleeves, and I'm not a small guy by any stretch. And that's sized down two.
    How much did this cost? I was thinking of attempting this, but I've never priced alterations on outerwear.

10. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

I am not especially big, I am 5"11 190lbs. I wear a 16.5" 33/34 in dress shirts, and like I said typically a 42R in coats/suits, but have tailored down some 44R suits.

Sounds like a 42R or maybe even a 40R is the way to go. I'd love to try one on, but even here in L.A. they are hard to find[​IMG]

11. Johnathan

Johnathan Senior member

I'll add to the chorus: The sleeves on the "slim-fit" are definitely not slim-fit. The body seems true to size though. I'm a 36r and the 36 fits me quite well. How much did this cost? I was thinking of attempting this, but I've never priced alterations on outerwear.
    25 bucks.

12. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

I purchased a 38 (small) Baracuta G9 from another SFer and it fits very well.

18" shoulder here. I wear a 38R suit jacket and the Baracuta fit very well in the chest, shoulders, and sleeve length.

Perfect! That's just what I needed and is also what I hoped to hear!

Many thanks!

13. harryc

harryc Senior member

Perfect! That's just what I needed and is also what I hoped to hear!

Many thanks!

The sleeves fit just right for me. Stops right at the wrist. I wear a 33.5 sleeve so if you have longer arms, it may be a problem.

14. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

The sleeves fit just right for me. Stops right at the wrist. I wear a 33.5 sleeve so if you have longer arms, it may be a problem.

Thats about my sleeve size too so tahst good. Just wonder if the 42R will work...?

15. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

Cheers again! Still sounding like a perfect fit for me ... even if I have to get the sleeves narrowed a little.