• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Baracuta harrington wanted

jon19690

Reaction score
I would like to buy a baracuta harrington (large or xl) for less than the usual shop price (decent second hand welcome) there was mention of someone called Andrea "the Baracuta Byrd" in a message last year who sells them for 50 GBP. Does anyone know her & whether she's still doing these deals?

Cheers, Jon19690

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There have been lots of Baracuta jackets on eBay. Here's the current crop from the US eBay:

http://clothing.search.ebay.com/bara...Z1QQsofocusZpf

And here are the ones from the UK eBay:

http://clothes.search.ebay.co.uk/bar...Z1QQsofocusZpf

I bought two, new, from eBay UK listings for a fraction of the price of what a retailer would charge. I'm not sure just how licensing of Baracuta jackets goes, but all the ones currently on the US eBay seem to be Van Heusen versions. Whether or not they are up to the quality of the original British jacket, I don't know. Someone else on the forum could probably tell us. There are some US retailers that carry the true cotton Baracuta Harrington jacket (what the makers call the G9)--Ben Silver and O'Connell's in Buffalo to name only two--and you could look for sales at these places, but I think that if you are patient, you will find what you want on eBay--most likely the British one.

Good luck.
smile.gif

Edit: I just checked both O'Connell's and Ben Silver. O'Connell's have them on at their regular price of $210. Ben Silver have them on sale in their Factory Outlet store for $171 (down from the BS regular price of $285). I suspect that you can find a new or nearly-new one for considerably less on eBay.

jon19690

Reaction score
Thanks for that - Does anyone know where I might get one cheap (aside from Ebay) in the UK?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Andrea the "baracuta byrd" supposedly sells jackets at mod scooter rallies in UK. Other than that, she's only reachable by telephone if you're ITK. From what I gather, she works for Baracuta and sells their 2nds, which might have a minor flaw that one would otherwise never notice.

But if yer a L or XL, there are always Baracutas on ebay in those sizes. It's the med/small that are rarer and often go up high in bidding.

btw, the Van Heusen Baracuta isnt 100% cotton, it's a 65/35 blend. I believe they are also made in Taiwan. The UK Baracuta is 100% cotton.

jon19690

Reaction score
Thanks for the info - Anyone else might have any leads where any are available cut price in the UK?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
if you can believe it, Harvey Nichols had them for 10GBP on sale around Jan 25th....but the catch is they were in lime green or lemon yellow. Altho I've seen the lime green ones and they're pretty boss.

If yer near Croyden, some store called Allders have thier Cutas on sale for 67GBP, all sizes except 36 and all colors except black and beige. This was as of a week and half ago.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads