• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Baracuta G9 Harrington Jacket Fit Advice

Lupinthe5th

Reaction score
Hi,

Really interesting in buying a Baracuta G9 Harrington Jacket from ebay (No refunds). The sizing really confuses me. I'm a 33.5/34 Chest, 5ft 8 Height. Do I just stick with my chest size and get a Size 34?

sash1642

Reaction score
Hi,

Really interesting in buying a Baracuta G9 Harrington Jacket from ebay (No refunds). The sizing really confuses me. I'm a 33.5/34 Chest, 5ft 8 Height. Do I just stick with my chest size and get a Size 34?
Yes. If you want it to fit bigger get 35. But I wouldn't go smaller

neminat

Reaction score
Find a local retailer and try it on. I think that is the only safe way of doing this.

rjc149

Reaction score
Common sense dictates that you not purchase a 2nd-hand luxury clothing item from an Ebay seller who doesn't take returns. That goes double if you're unsure how it will fit.

That being said, maybe getting a $500 jacket for a significant discount is just too tempting to pass up, and the jacket is mint. Harrington jackets are supposed to be a little roomy, allowing freedom of upper-body movement (intended as golf jackets). This also allows you to layer underneath, since Harrington jackets don't go under 60 F* by themselves.

I'm not sure where you can find G9 jackets to try on -- maybe a high-end department store carries them? I've never seen them on racks. I've always wanted one myself, but if I'm spending that kind of money on a jacket that can only be worn 2-3 weeks each year, I'm not rolling dice on Ebay.

Lupinthe5th

Reaction score
Common sense dictates that you not purchase a 2nd-hand luxury clothing item from an Ebay seller who doesn't take returns. That goes double if you're unsure how it will fit.

That being said, maybe getting a $500 jacket for a significant discount is just too tempting to pass up, and the jacket is mint. Harrington jackets are supposed to be a little roomy, allowing freedom of upper-body movement (intended as golf jackets). This also allows you to layer underneath, since Harrington jackets don't go under 60 F* by themselves.

I'm not sure where you can find G9 jackets to try on -- maybe a high-end department store carries them? I've never seen them on racks. I've always wanted one myself, but if I'm spending that kind of money on a jacket that can only be worn 2-3 weeks each year, I'm not rolling dice on Ebay.
Its too late, Common sense as failed me haha. I just bought one from Ebay for £70 + £7 postage and should receive it in the next 2 days. £70 isn't really luxury.
There is no store in my City that sell it so I cant try it on. If it dont fit me I will just re-list on ebay then buy the next size up.

rjc149

Reaction score
Its too late, Common sense as failed me haha. I just bought one from Ebay for £70 + £7 postage and should receive it in the next 2 days. £70 isn't really luxury.
There is no store in my City that sell it so I cant try it on. If it dont fit me I will just re-list on ebay then buy the next size up.
You're right, that's a very non-luxury price for a luxury item. I can see why you decided to pull the trigger.

Assuming it fits and it's in good condition, you hit a home run. Otherwise, you bought the seller's problem and you'll likely eat some loss. I'm glad you didn't spend all that much.

No returns = no thank you.

sash1642

Reaction score
You're right, that's a very non-luxury price for a luxury item. I can see why you decided to pull the trigger.

Assuming it fits and it's in good condition, you hit a home run. Otherwise, you bought the seller's problem and you'll likely eat some loss. I'm glad you didn't spend all that much.

No returns = no thank you.
I'm guessing you will be fine I used to have one of those jackets they fit roomy in the chest area I think bigger is a bit better in that they are quite short which works if you're v slim but if not a bit longer around the waist looks and feels better

msimon

Reaction score
I be interested in your experience when you have the jacket, because I am a 33/34inch chest at 5'7, so would be grateful.

bde

Reaction score
Unrelated to sizing, but can anyone explain Barcuta manufacturing? I see them made all over the place. Is the made in england stuff a separate line?

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mine's suede, so it's 2-3 days each year. Still would do it all over again.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Harrington jackets are supposed to be a little roomy, allowing freedom of upper-body movement (intended as golf jackets). This also allows you to layer underneath, since Harrington jackets don't go under 60 F* by themselves.
Is this still the case?

I thought current Barracutas are cut slim. I also tried Sunspel's current Harrington. The jacket in my shirt size is right on the shoulders but feels a bit snug in the chest.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads