• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Baracuta G9 Harrington Fit Advice

ricebomb

Reaction score
Hello, hopefully this is the right forum for this question. Recently purchased a Baracuta G9 Harrington, and was wondering what the fit is suppose be like to anyone who has experience with it? It fits me well everywhere, albeit snugly, except being a bit tight on the shoulders at certain positions, namely with both arms extended or when crossing my arms behind my head. Is the jacket suppose to fit more loosely, and should I size up one? If pictures would help, I can do so later when I get home. Would appreciate the advice!

Last edited:

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pictures will help. Hard to tell from your description whether you should size up or not. It should fit trim but not tight. I don't really think it's helpful to judge fit of a jacket like this by crossing your arms behind your head or other such contortions that aren't relevant to real-life situations.

ricebomb

Reaction score
sorry about that! here are some pictures posted which hopefully help.

20170622_104549.jpg

20170622_104754.jpg

20170622_105025.jpg

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mirror selfies are not the best photos to judge fit. But based on what you're showing, it fits fine if you don't plan to layer anything heavier underneath.

thesilentist

Reaction score
If it feels too tight, it's probably too tight. Size up. Get a cozy fit. If you don't believe me, look at photos of Steve McQueen wearing his G9. He's layering under it and it's not skinny on him at all. The modern G9s seem way too skinny IMHO. The classic fit is roomy enough to swing a golf club in.

elmore

Reaction score
Bit of a bump, hope that's ok.

Going to order a G9 in uk 42 size. Am 185cm, 80kilos and pretty slim / athletic. I realise that's vague, but i've heard the sizings on these can be somewhat different. Also this model is 190cm according to the site, and the sleeves look about right on him. Thinking they may be a bit long on me.

The quintessential Harrington jacket: Baracuta G9. Renowned and appreciated over the years for its versatility and classic timeless style. Worn and loved by some of the most noteworthy men in recent history, it remains a true icon today. Shell made of water-resistant polyester/cotton. Lined with Fraser Tartan made of breathable cotton/polyester Coolmax®. Zipper fastening. Classic 2-button Baracuta collar. Front pockets with button-down flap. "Umbrella" back vent. Ribbed waist, cuffs, and inner collar. Made in England. The model is 190cm tall and wears size 42.

Hewes

Reaction score
42 would be like a Large, 38 is S, 40 is M. That´s my experience with Baracuta g9

The Saint

Reaction score
If it feels too tight, it's probably too tight. Size up. Get a cozy fit. If you don't believe me, look at photos of Steve McQueen wearing his G9. He's layering under it and it's not skinny on him at all. The modern G9s seem way too skinny IMHO. The classic fit is roomy enough to swing a golf club in.
I think it depends on which G9 one is selecting . The ordinary G9 is still roomy but I would say that the MiE G9 is much more slim cut and is more of a tailored fit , not roomy at all . Maybe size up if it is a MiE. .

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.