• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Baracuta G-10

bs3009a

Reaction score

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks nice except for the chest logo. The cut looks similar to the Fred Perry waxed harringtons.

DrFaustus

Reaction score
I don't have any experience with the jackets, but I must say I absolutely love their look. I definitely plan on buying one, especially the G10. That is unless someone is able to talk me out of it.

brandall10

Reaction score
EDIT: I'm gonna go off on a limb, but what I think you're seeing here is not a difference between the G9 and G10, but the 'mod' aspect of the jacket, which essentially means it has a mesh lining vs. the more substantial tartan. Note this G10 with the tartan lining and how it also blossoms like the G9 http://www.baracuta-g9.com/v2/shop/v...uct.php?id=510 Never seen a G10 in the flesh, but from what I've researched the difference between it and the G9 is the cut of the vent on the back. My take on these mod G10s is aethetically, the streamlined look is definitely a plus, but the lack of tartan at the front of the neck detracts from the classic look. And it's prolly a bit less functional as a jacket.

DrFaustus

Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread, but I want to order one of the Baracuta jackets. My chest is about 36.5" Would you guys recommend a 36R or 38R if I want it to be slim fitting? I have rather long arms for my chest size, so that is also a consideration. A rep with Baracuta recommened a 38 or M. Do you guys agree?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrFaustus
Do you guys agree?
not in my experience I have a 38 chest and the size 36 Baracuta fits best if you want it slim and not so blousy I'd def get the 36 if I were you, but a 34 would probably be even better but if your arms are long I dont think a Baracuta will fit you right. The arms arent particularly long on them, esp if you get into the smaller sizes

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damnit. now y'all are making me want a G9. are they fairly lightweight?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
yes they are.

Frenzy1980

Reaction score
Hey guys,

first of all, this is my first reply here and I want to greet you all :)

I'm from Germany and I love the british fashion style :)

At the moment Baracuta has sale prices on a lot of jackets and I bought me two G10 Jackets. I bought me the Day and Knight Tom Cruise G-10 jacket in M and the dark blue G-10 Farnley jacket in L.

I'm 1,83 metres tall and 38,5" Chest. I cant make up my mind which jacket I should take. The smaller Size M, which looks great when it's open but I think I'm too tall when the Jacket's close because the Jacket is pretty short. The Size L Jacket looks a bit more blousy, but is from the length imo perfect. Does anyone also have 38" chest and bought rather G-10 in a size L? What do you guys mean? Which Jecket would you chose? The smaller or bigger one?

Best regards

Frenzy

Zeemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
g9 has raglan sleeves, g10 has regular ones

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads