Barack Obama on "nice suits"

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by taion, May 26, 2008.

1. blackplatano

blackplatano Senior member

Obama apparently either shops at Brooks Brothers or Barneys according to this thread from Ask Andy.

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/f...ad.php?t=79846

Either way his look is very neat and classic to my eye.

I saw him on T.V the other day and couldn't help think of how well put together he looks. He still dresses like a politician, (i.e CBD) but does it cleanly, Without any sloppyness. Of course, some days are better than others.

2. 76classic

76classic Senior member

I love the way he presents himself in a dignified and stately manner. His attire is always on point to me.

3. taion

taion Member

\\P.S. Obama wasn't actually making very much money before his books started selling well after the 2004 speech. And working as a community organizer after attending Columbia and earning a Harvard Law degree makes him an excellent example of what he recommended for the graduates.
    He's actually personally the least well-off of any of the major candidates for nomination. His book royalties were at least an order of magnitude less than the Clintons' speaking fees, he's not married to a billionaire like McCain, and he never had the connections to PE that Romney or Edwards did, to say nothing of Giuliani's consulting cash cow.

4. thepataphysician

thepataphysician Senior member

He's actually personally the least well-off of any of the major candidates for nomination. His book royalties were at least an order of magnitude less than the Clintons' speaking fees, he's not married to a billionaire like McCain, and he never had the connections to PE that Romney or Edwards did, to say nothing of Giuliani's consulting cash cow.
    His lifestyle seems, although very comfortable, much more normal than any of the other candidates. I am sure that part of that is that he has younger children. he sure can't just borrow his wifes private jet when he needs to go somewhere, and his campaign is a little low on funds (McCain).

5. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

He most certainly is trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

You can still have nice things as long as you have fewer of them. It is better to have a couple nice things than lots of crap form Wal-Mart.

Who cares what the rest of the world thinks of us? We need to stop importing poor people, quit outsourcing and have a self-sustainable country. This will level people out... but oh wait.... the super rich CEOs and politicians don't want this.

6. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

I saw him on T.V the other day and couldn't help think of how well put together he looks. He still dresses like a politician, (i.e CBD) but does it cleanly, Without any sloppyness. Of course, some days are better than others.

I think the main difference is that he is not overweight, and somewhat tall. Wasn't he the tallest and thinnest of the major candidates? Im trying to think of them all, Edwards, Romney, Mccain, and that one guy who lost 100 lbs.

7. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

Learn how to use a fucking coma.
    I'm sure you mean 'comma' but coma seems much more appropriate.

8. blackplatano

blackplatano Senior member

I'm sure you mean 'comma' but coma seems much more appropriate.

yes indeed.

9. khaki sack

khaki sack Senior member

The bottom line of my ,signature says it all. [​IMG]

10. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

FYI - Obama didn't just talk about suits in his remarks to the graduates...

11. thepataphysician

the fact that he isn't old and shriveled helps too.

12. thepataphysician

The bottom line of my ,signature says it all. [​IMG]

faith based organization?
    fixed base operator?

13. TheFusilliJerry

TheFusilliJerry Senior member

This whole post is bullshit.
    1. It has nothing to do with middle/low class, he is saying to help others instead of chasing after money. Is that so hard to understand? There is no talk of evil riches.

2. His house/wealth is irrelevant. irrelevant. He could be a drug dealer selling coke to other senators while fucking lara bush on the side. If a republican then is found sniffing coke with a hooker, and Obama says it's a horrible thing, he would still be right. It would make him a hypocrite, but he is still right. The person making the comment does not reflect the validity of a statement. In this case, Obama has to have a senator's salary to make a change in the world, so I see no problem.

3. The college part is silly. This isn't the 60/70's. Apperently, you haven't heard of business school.

That's a very ignorant and racist statement. You are truly a pretentious idiot. Learn how to use a fucking coma.

blackplantano, i'm not sure, are you an obama supporter? you haven't made it clear [​IMG]

14. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Senior member

3. The college part is silly. This isn't the 60/70's. Apperently, you haven't heard of business school.

Bad news for you. College kids are probably the most ignorant, closed minded group of people I have ever met. I say this devoid of anything else mentioned in the thread.

15. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

Bad news for you. College kids are probably the most ignorant, closed minded group of people I have ever met. I say this devoid of anything else mentioned in the thread.

Especially these days where college is the new high school.