• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Banned members who keep sneaking back...

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
...must be real losers. Seriously. If somebody derives that much pleasure from sneaking back in to "fool" a bunch of anonymous people in a virtual community, they need to move out of mom's basement and see the sun (and other people) once in a while.

What say you, community?

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
whatever, manouche.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
images-2.jpg

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
yup. It's basically just really sad. Just like...pitiful. Pathetic.

Like....how bad does life have to get that a forum means that much to you? It's the ******* internet for crying out loud.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ LOL. Quit frontin', Edina. Have you ever even been banned?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
...must be real losers. Seriously. If somebody derives that much pleasure from sneaking back in to "fool" a bunch of anonymous people in a virtual community, they need to move out of mom's basement and see the sun (and other people) once in a while.

What say you, community?

I'm of two minds on this.

One: there are members who went off the deep end, got banned, and eventually came back under different names. Vanity and Bris come to mind. Well, not sure on Bris but I think I know his new handle. Anyway, I think that if you're contributing and not going off the deep end again, it's all good.

Two: members who troll, get banned, and then come back to troll more (Petrus, for example). Dunno what to tell you about them, but I think at least a few of them could benefit from therapy, better drugs, and maybe some time away from the computer.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
I'm of two minds on this. One: there are members who went off the deep end, got banned, and eventually came back under different names. Vanity and Bris come to mind. Well, not sure on Bris but I think I know his new handle. Anyway, I think that if you're contributing and not going off the deep end again, it's all good. Two: members who troll, get banned, and then come back to troll more (Petrus, for example). Dunno what to tell you about them, but I think at least a few of them could benefit from therapy, better drugs, and maybe some time away from the computer.
lol - you mean this bigbris: The following users have used the same IP (note: not necessarily a match) bigbris1 bigbris2 Nacho Bear Animal Thug The Gooch Analyst Bruiser3 thirstmode which excludes several subsequent IDs in the bigbris sequence (maybe he was out and about then, they're not coming up on the IP checker) which he started when he was in timeout purely to go after me (when ironically I wasn't the one who holed him) but includes at least two trolls, and one ID purely set up to start a poll asking whether bigbris should be unbanned. So....uh...ya...umm...contributor....uh...

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wondering if any banned member has ever been unbanned after tendering an apology to the mods or something like that?

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What say you, community?

Cool story, bro.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

What say you, community?

agree. I just hope that this being styleforum, they're well dressed losers.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Whoever spamminated troll Style Guru, nice work. Now please address troll sock "Style Guru", thanks

Originally Posted by Redwoood
Now, THAT is a good guess

laugh.gif

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
I'm of two minds on this.

One: there are members who went off the deep end, got banned, and eventually came back under different names. Vanity and Bris come to mind. Well, not sure on Bris but I think I know his new handle. Anyway, I think that if you're contributing and not going off the deep end again, it's all good.

Two: members who troll, get banned, and then come back to troll more (Petrus, for example). Dunno what to tell you about them, but I think at least a few of them could benefit from therapy, better drugs, and maybe some time away from the computer.

The second set is whom I really had in mind.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TM79
Cool story, bro.

Thanks. I worked hard on it through multiple drafts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads