• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

banlon polos

person999

Reaction score
For some reason I haven't actually seen any of these in real life so I would like to see what people think about these shirts? And what are some things to look for in one? Also, what are some brands that people could recommend?

PS: I know it's supposed to be slimmer around the hips, but is it also slimmer around the waist?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
you're talking about banlon the fabric?

if so, I used to wear vintage shirts made from banlon many years ago....not really my fave material, a bit polyester-y in feel and characteristic, tho a lot of the shirts had great designs, due to being from the late 50s-early 60s which is imo the pinnacle of men's style.

person999

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't make myself clear, but I'm referring to the cut of the shirt.

seamless74

Reaction score
yeah i know what your talkin about matter of fact i made several previous threads here about banlons... after seeing them in the GQ spread...

basically theyre throwback polos.. polyester blend.. tight fitting very short sleeves deep plackets oversized butterfly collars (the old ones anyway).. bottom may have a big hem similar to a fred perry italian knit.. that must stop right at the beltline.. just look at pictures of old rat pack sinatra era polos.. or american gangster type stuff i believe denzel wears alot of them in that movie.. can have interesting knitting and patterns and what knot think of it as a glamorous tight fittin polyester blend polo that doesnt hang below the belt..

as far as where to find them.. prada and really expensive designers have started to remake them or at least theyre the ones GQ advertised they looked great a modern twist on a 50's 60's classic however they were going for like 300 plus dollars so no way.... you can always go vintage and retro shopping but i found it was hard to find a great fit and the quality was well vintage...

overall i abandoned my banlon search after several failed efforts ill just stick to my fred perry and penguin polo fetish...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's