• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Band of Outsiders

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure they don't make them anymore. It was only for a season or two, in like 2007.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues with discoloring? I have some on my green oxford and now dark grey one...I have NEVER had discoloring issues with any of my other shirts before. I am hesitant to contact BoO though...

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nosu3
how are they discolored?

The dark grey oxford I have has 2 small orangeish spots on it and an orangish glow at the bottom of the shirt. It does not go through the shirt.

The bright green batiste i have has pale yellow discoloring around the collar and some dots throughout the shirt....I never use bleach for any of my clothes. So unless I sweat bleach....

GramSana

Reaction score
Dashaansafin--I have the same problem with the overdyed green batiste shirt I bought this spring, which I've worn no more than 10 times, and washed it in cold water three times, line-drying, and around the collar is a blob of orangeness, on the interior part, and on the body of the shirt there are dots of orange-fading color (I associate this orange hue with bleach, but I never used bleach, nor did this shirt encounter bleach, so). I'm not sure what happened, but I'm leery to continue wearing the shirt unless I start drycleaning it afterwards? But would this even help? Very suspicious, this orangeness.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haven't had this happen. are you using any skin products with benzoyl peroxide?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I never use bleach but i've mysteriously gotten bleach like stains before (inb4 be more careful jerking it). I assumed maybe while cleaning stuff, a skin/body/hair cleanser, maybe was on somethign while i was out and i rubbed against it or rubbed my hand on it then on my shirt. I dunno but it's definitely annoying. I don't think the fabric magically bleached itself though. I think you just got unlucky. Dont' think it's a BoO issue or at least i've never encoutered it.

Do you get your shirts washed at the cleaner ever? Or do you use a public washer/dryer? Sometimes bleach remnants from those places can do it.

dibadiba

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nosu3
haven't had this happen. are you using any skin products with benzoyl peroxide?

+1. if you use any skin product with benzoyl peroxide, it is water soluble and when you sweat it WILL get onto your clothes, leaving (usually) orange stains.

AGPi

Reaction score
I have a white BoO oxford and wouldn't mind an extra 0.5-1 inch of room in the chest. Has anyone messed with the box pleat? Removing darts can leave holes. It's no big deal, stills looks OK as is.

Stavros

Reaction score
Originally Posted by junebugmm
I've had stains on my tee-shirts as well before.
And they were all, for some reason, orange stains.

Probably something with fabric and I think someone mentioned
they could be deodorant stains, but I kind of doubt that as they
can appear in areas other than armpits.

Deodorant (in fact antiperspirant) staining would be my top guess. Products that have aluminum tend to stain certain fabric/dye combinations (mostly overdyed cotton). Even brief contact with product will cause stains (e.g. during wearing/taking off the shift), so finding stains in areas other than armpits is not that weird (has happened to me).

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
The dark grey oxford I have has 2 small orangeish spots on it and an orangish glow at the bottom of the shirt. It does not go through the shirt. The bright green batiste i have has pale yellow discoloring around the collar and some dots throughout the shirt....I never use bleach for any of my clothes. So unless I sweat bleach....
Do you happen to use any acne medicine? Benzoyl Peroxide is water-soluble and stains orange, thus sweating can cause staining Edit: oops, read through the responses and it's already been suggested.

Thebomb85019

Reaction score
What is the point in tailoring a BoO? Obviously it doesnt fit so you need to fix it, but I would think there are cheaper ways to get a comparable shirt once you factor in tailoring cost and time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads