Band of Outsiders

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Caveat, Feb 5, 2009.

1. cldpsu

cldpsu Senior member

I bought some Timberland Boot Company cap toes. You guys should consider them if you want comfort too. My feet are all fucked up and while I've been doing therapy, I've been searching for some good shoes and these feel just as good if not better than my technical shoes. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Edit: Woops. Wrong thread.

2. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Coldsnap, how do the sleeves fit? I feel like the sleeves on Uniqlo XS OCBDs are too wide.

yeah the arms on the Uniqlo XS are too wide, I roll them up to my bicep because of this

3. unicornwarrior

unicornwarrior Senior member

hey guys I have a quick question in regards to sizing

I was planning on picking up some BoO. Specifically, probably a s/s overdye. Anyway, I have no experience with BoO and there is nowhere around here where I can try them on. I usually wear a 40 in suit jackets and i recently bought a couple Kent Wang x Thick As Thieves OCBD in size 15 which corresponds to this sizing according to Kent:

Size 15

This corresponds to a 15-33.5 in conventional retail sizing.

Neck: 15
    Shoulder: 18
    Sleeve: 24.5
    Chest: 21
    Waist: 17.5
    Length: 28.5

These are actually a bit snug on me so a slight bit extra room in the chest wouldn't hurt, but I'd rather it stay fitted than sizing up and having a loose-ish shirt. I"m actually more towards a 15.5/15.75 in the neck, but I never button up the shirt the full way. Oh and I'm 5'11" and about 165lbs (though I plan to loose about 8 pounds or so)

So which size would I wear? Kent suggests a small, he believes. I normally take a small in J.crew, in slim fit paul smith shirts i can go small or medium (medium is a bit more ideal), medium in slim fit John Varvatos, medium in Zara, etc.

Thanks for the help guys!

4. bohemianmidnight

bohemianmidnight Senior member

I say medium, maybe even large. I am a 34-36 jacket an wear XS/S. The S has about an 18" chest... that would probably be way too small for you.

5. sh0ebox

sh0ebox Senior member

Keep in mind that the s/s button downs from BoO tend to run a bit smaller than the l/s ones. So sizing up in a s/s from a l/s would give about the same fit.

In that case, I would guess probably a large. Although I'm unsure considering your chest measurement, which leads me to believe that even this might be a bit snug in that area

6. unicornwarrior

yeah i'm aware, but even so I wear things rather snug around the chest. I should say that in most "mall brands" i am a small (guess,express,jcrew, etc) so that I can get it to have a tight fit.

by any chance would you say that they are about as slim as a zara shirt, or even more so? if it is relatively the same...I'm a medium. Anymore so, and I'm def. a large.

7. bohemianmidnight

bohemianmidnight Senior member

Definitely slimmer than zara.

8. hacksul

hacksul Active Member

Unicorn, I would definately think you are a medium at the very least in their long sleeve shirts and would be a large in the overdye. You are about my size (5'10' 165) and if you fit comfortably tight in the varvatos slim, the medium in the type A fit might even be a little tight. I am a 41 in suit size (usually have to get 42's and tailor down) with a 15.5/15.75inch neck. Depending on the shirt, the mediums fit me in the shoulder, arms (well the arms and shoulders can be tight because I work out a lot) and torso but the chest is a little tight. I say a 40 inch chest is appropriate. My chest is 41 so it gets a little tight and if shrunk down a bit from an accidental dryer insertion than I think they would be unwearable for me. Also, I've noticed that even among the same shirt style, the shirts can vary slightly so if you are between sizes, that can make a big difference so bottom line is that you should try them on before buying.

9. unicornwarrior

thank you for that info! Honestly I'm actually verry close to your body type. I'm more of a 41 than a 40...but I usually take a 40 anyway, as they fit me better in the shoulders. a medium varvatos isn't too tight on me actually, it's the right size. A small in varvatos is a bit too tight.

If it's slimmer than a zara medium, I figure a large in the s/s would be appropriate then.

10. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

My overdye is 17.5 in the chest, I'm guessing people should size up on the overdyes

11. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Senior member

Just bought an overdyed batiste and white OCBD from Farinelli's. The ocbd is a medium and batiste is a small. Both fit PERFECT.

12. hacksul

hacksul Active Member

thank you for that info! Honestly I'm actually verry close to your body type. I'm more of a 41 than a 40...but I usually take a 40 anyway, as they fit me better in the shoulders. a medium varvatos isn't too tight on me actually, it's the right size. A small in varvatos is a bit too tight.

If it's slimmer than a zara medium, I figure a large in the s/s would be appropriate then.

Yea, I own a varvatos slim fit medium shirt and it is much looser than a BoO medium so a large s/s would be appropriate.

13. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

If you bought a medium overdye from gilt what is the pit to pit measurement? I'm trying to figure out how different styles fit; it seems like overdye ls and short sleeve size up, batiste shirts size down or stay true, and some pattern oxfords are true to size?

14. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

^^ I had a medium overdye, briefly, and I can say that my measurements matched those from Context, within 0.5".

15. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

^^ I had a medium overdye, briefly, and I can say that my measurements matched those from Context, within 0.5".

That plum should've been mine! I still curl up in the fetal position at nights sobbing about that btw.