Band of Outsiders

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Caveat, Feb 5, 2009.

1. sh0ebox

sh0ebox Senior member

Thanks [​IMG]

I am about 5'4", so I'm pretty short. Because of this, though, BoO shirts are a bit longer on me than they are meant to be.

2. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Senior member

Yea the striped is very meh...

3. sh0ebox

sh0ebox Senior member

The Overdyes fit me better than the white stripe as overdyes tend to run a bit smaller than regular OCBD. Also, this white stripe feels like it runs a tad bit larger than a regular OCBD too, which isn't really helping me in terms of fit.

The wrinkles of the shirt in the pic don't do much justice to it, either. It's got a very nice pattern to it, but it just doesn't fit me the way it should so I think I'm better off unloading it.

4. van_hammersly

van_hammersly Senior member

The Overdyes fit me better than the white stripe as overdyes tend to run a bit smaller than regular OCBD. Also, this white stripe feels like it runs a tad bit larger than a regular OCBD too, which isn't really helping me in terms of fit.

The wrinkles of the shirt in the pic don't do much justice to it, either. It's got a very nice pattern to it, but it just doesn't fit me the way it should so I think I'm better off unloading it.

Can I ask what your chest measurement is? The fit is amazing.

5. sh0ebox

sh0ebox Senior member

My chest is about 35" when I inhale.

6. nonissue

nonissue Senior member

that black overdye looks very nice, the white stripe looks like something you'd find at banana republic on sale.

7. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

What's up man? Excellent fits on those shirts, I'm amazed anyone can fit into a BoO XS haha. It looks like the striped one fits like a small instead of an XS even though it isn't the overdye, I wouldn't think it would vary that much. I take it that has the back pleats as well?

8. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

got my first boo shirt in small today. I'm about 5'8 143 lbs, my x girlfriend says its too fitted on me but I think it looks perfect.

9. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

got my first boo shirt in small today. I'm about 5'8 143 lbs, my x girlfriend says its too fitted on me but I think it looks perfect.

I guess that's why she's your "X" [​IMG]

10. sh0ebox

sh0ebox Senior member

that black overdye looks very nice, the white stripe looks like something you'd find at banana republic on sale.

The first overdye is actually moss green. It's very, very dark, though, so it's hard to tell the true color... but thanks [​IMG]

And yeah, the white stripe doesn't quite fit as well.

What's up man? Excellent fits on those shirts, I'm amazed anyone can fit into a BoO XS haha. It looks like the striped one fits like a small instead of an XS even though it isn't the overdye, I wouldn't think it would vary that much. I take it that has the back pleats as well?

Yeah the sizes vary quite a bit it appears. Overdyes tend to run a bit smaller than regular OCBD, while patterned shirts (such as the white stripe) run a little bit bigger. Although this sizing variance of the white stripe could also be due to the fact that it's not the same fabric as the others.

Measurements for the white stripe are below for anyone who might be interested in taking it off my hands [​IMG]

Pit-to-pit: 17.75"
    Shoulder-to-shoulder (from back): 16.75"
    Length (collar to bottom back hem): 27.25"
    Sleeve: 24"

11. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Crappy webcam shot of Small overdye on me. I like it a lot, the fit resembles a lot of my uniqlo XS just a higher hem on the sides. If I can find these for $100 a piece I will slowly replace my uniqlo button downs.

[​IMG]

12. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

^ Looks nice from that picture.

To add some input regarding whether or not BoO can be worn tucked or not, I guess it all depends on your proportions vs. size BoO shirt and the rise of your pants as mentioned before. Here are some quick pictures I took of them tucked with pants with a regular (10"+) rise. It seems to work for standing/sitting/moving around without issue.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. baseball2429

baseball2429 Active Member

Coldsnap that looks good. I'm about the same height and weight as you and my shirt fits nearly identical.

14. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

^thanks

man, i want that moss green in a small; thats an awesome color.

Did I read somewhere that the overdyed were already washed? Maybe thats why they are slimer?
    I might be wrong though, saying that if I handwash with dr bronners and hang dry will the boo shrink any more in length? If so I might need a M.

15. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

Coldsnap, how do the sleeves fit? I feel like the sleeves on Uniqlo XS OCBDs are too wide.