Band of Outsiders

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Caveat, Feb 5, 2009.

1. cbusguy

cbusguy Senior member

untucked- i have never even tried to tuck one in before
    on another note- i just lost my first button off of an oxford that i have
    luckily the button was sitting in the bottom of the washer

2. Deluks917

Deluks917 Senior member

How do you guys wear your BoO shirts--tucked or untucked? With the funky hemline, they look a little funny untucked, but better, I think, than they do tucked.

I can't keep them in tucked, I've tried and I like the way it looks but it won't stay in.

3. Vashin

Vashin Senior member

I always try to tuck, I'm not very tall but it's sitll hard to do. You gotta fight it all day haha

4. poodlerock

poodlerock Senior member

Thanks for corroborating my suspicion. I guess my recent BoO acquisitions will be relegated to casual Fridays and nights (or possibly for wear under a sweater).

Just an FYI: I've picked up 6 Gitman Vintage shirts recently. They fit slim, like Black Fleece, but are easily tucked in. They're great workshirts (in the sense of wearing them to an office job). I grabbed two with club collars (rounded) and I'm not sure what to think of them yet, but the rest of the shirts are becoming my favorites.

5. Lel

Lel Senior member

Actually I find that because of the uneven hem it looks great tucked on me. I never do it so I don't know how it will stay in place over time.

6. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Senior member

Its way too short to be tucked, Im not a tall guy but if I tucked my side would be showing.

Anyway, anyone have a size Small Blue or white oxford?

PLEASE??

-edit-

Yes I am a whore.

7. KBW

KBW Senior member

Is this shirt/jacket worth buying? [​IMG]

8. KBW

KBW Senior member

well I'll be damned...went from 175 to 305 in the last 30 seconds

9. Lel

Lel Senior member

well I'll be damned...went from 175 to 305 in the last 30 seconds

For 175 yes...

Unfortunately none of the shirt jackets during the Gilt sale were XS, and I'm still debating with myself whether or not a S would have worked.

10. Lel

Lel Senior member

Its way too short to be tucked, Im not a tall guy but if I tucked my side would be showing. Anyway, anyone have a size Small Blue or white oxford? PLEASE?? -edit- Yes I am a whore.
    Btw here's some quick (read crappy) pictures of me tucking in my shirt. [​IMG] [​IMG] Admittingly my jeans are a little higher than I normally wear them, but this is about dress pant level, actually a bit lower. The sides are covered just enough and I'm sure I could hold it in place with a belt. BTW: I'm 5"9 and I am wearing an XS, overdye, A-Body. Basically the smallest shirt they make.

11. KBW

KBW Senior member

For 175 yes...

Unfortunately none of the shirt jackets during the Gilt sale were XS, and I'm still debating with myself whether or not a S would have worked.

This was on ebay....it was at 150 and with thirty seconds I bid and was winning at 172.50 and in the last 10 seconds two guys bid it all the way to 305. I always get out when that starts happening.

12. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

lel, if you're gonna tuck that in, just wear some nice slim trousers or something. Pulling your skinny jeans up real high so we can see your camel toe with your shirt tucked in isn't a good look, man

13. Lel

Lel Senior member

I never tuck it into my jeans, just showing that it can be tucked in. Too lazy to change into trousers. Stop looking at my crotch.

14. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Senior member

I never tuck it into my jeans, just showing that it can be tucked in. Too lazy to change into trousers. Stop looking at my crotch.

Lel, I am also 5'9 but range from 147-150. A size small fits me perfectly. When I tuck in the shirt it looks the same as you, strange and a bit off. In the end, BoO is meant to be worn as an OCBD...

15. whacked

whacked Senior member

^ OCBD simply means oxford cloth button down (the latter half refers to the collar style). It has nothing to do with wearing tucked or untucked.