Band of Outsiders

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Caveat, Feb 5, 2009.

1. pcl

pcl Well-Known Member

This Gilt sale was my first experience with BoO and I got a size small in a l/s OCBD and medium in the s/s contrast collar and I think the fit is almost identical. Based on this one time I would say the s/s tend to fit a tad more snug that the l/s in the A fit. I'll post my pics in a bit.

That's about right with my experience, the S/S (I wear a L in BoO A Body) is noticeably more snug then the L/S. And even in the L/S the overdyed BD's is definitely a bit tighter all around then the regular BD's.

2. bsyde82

bsyde82 Senior member

Anyone know what cut the candy stripe shirt is? its got no darts so I'm assuming it's not an A-body. anyways, just received mine from Gilt and pleased w/ the fit...snug but not too snug

3. Johnathan

Johnathan Senior member

Sounds like f-body. is the collar button-down or point?

4. Teger

Teger Senior member

are you sure it doesn't have darts

i seriously doubt it's f body

we had the blue/white candy stripe at farinelli's and it was both darted and a body

5. bsyde82

bsyde82 Senior member

point

how many types are there? from what I remember, it's A, B and F right? or is there just two

6. Teger

Teger Senior member

I don't think they even make B body anymore and I've only seen F at like Blackbird in like 3 shirts

generally the only non f body shirts are a few non button down collar shirts each season that are slimmer than b body

ie: tea stained check double flap pocket shirt from last season

7. bsyde82

bsyde82 Senior member

yup, sure there's no darts

this is the purple one, not the navy one. not sure if that makes a difference. I know blackbird carried the navy candy stripe in both a and f body. never seen the purple one w/ darts

8. Teger

Teger Senior member

you have a rare bird there.

it's like a unicorn.

treasure it

9. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

yup, sure there's no darts this is the purple one, not the navy one. not sure if that makes a difference. I know blackbird carried the navy candy stripe in both a and f body. never seen the purple one w/ darts
    Take a picture of the back so we can analyze it closer and give you a professional opinion.

10. sh0ebox

sh0ebox Senior member

yup, sure there's no darts

this is the purple one, not the navy one. not sure if that makes a difference. I know blackbird carried the navy candy stripe in both a and f body. never seen the purple one w/ darts

Your candy stripe is an F-body

I remember seeing/trying it on at Barney's when I was in Las Vegas. They had it on sale there for $70 and I was close to buying it but F-body is too loose for me

11. jselvedge

jselvedge Senior member

Anyone know what cut the candy stripe shirt is? its got no darts so I'm assuming it's not an A-body. anyways, just received mine from Gilt and pleased w/ the fit...snug but not too snug

I received my purple candy stripe from Gilt, but with an A-body cut. Box pleat and darts.

12. KaiserSose

KaiserSose Senior member

I think the BoO size medium was modeled after my body. I cannot believe how flawlessly these shirts are fitting me. I'm glad something finally lived up to the hype.

13. b-ill

b-ill Senior member

whatever happened to the rumored barney's coop they were going to open in philadelphia? anybody heard anything recently?

Found out last night that it opens April 2nd located at 10 Rittenhouse.

14. poodlerock

poodlerock Senior member

How do you guys wear your BoO shirts--tucked or untucked? With the funky hemline, they look a little funny untucked, but better, I think, than they do tucked.

15. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

This is my observation: They're meant to be untucked. The hem is shaped that way for a reason. A BoO-slim shirt with a normal hem would pull at the sides when you sit down, whether you tuck or not.