1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Band of Outsiders

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Caveat, Feb 5, 2009.

1. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

Yeah, in a BoO small, you can see all of my belt when I'm standing. I suppose that means you'd see undershirt when I'm sitting? Is that considered a fashion faux pas of some sort?

EDIT: didn't see ARW's post. Does it matter that there's that weird pulling around the neck/shoulders? That happens with all of my shirts.

2. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

It's a bit awkward and too short for my taste and it means you will never be able to succesfully tuck your shirt in. But I don't think the fashion police will arrest you. Just don't go out without an undershirt. Flashing side torso is definitely a fashion crime.

The small seems to fit you well other than the length, so you are a candidate for a tall, although those apparantly don't exist anymore. I have never tried to size up to a medium, but I hear it can look awkward if you really aren't built for it in the shoulders and chest.

3. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Yeah, in a BoO small, you can see all of my belt when I'm standing. I suppose that means you'd see undershirt when I'm sitting? Is that considered a fashion faux pas of some sort?

EDIT: didn't see ARW's post. Does it matter that there's that weird pulling around the neck/shoulders? That happens with all of my shirts.

If your undershirt/skin is visible when you sit, that's bad. If not, I wouldn't think twice about it. Don't size up to a medium, you might as well sell the shirt and buy a different brand, it will not fit you like that.

4. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

I don't think he bought it...that looks like a fitting room.

5. b-ill

b-ill Senior member

Just bought two L's from Moda. The girl was even nice enough to send me pictures of what they had available.

6. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

^
    Sounds like a cool shop. If I'm ever in P-burgh I will have to stop by (although I can't think of a reason to ever go to P-burgh).

7. toothsomesound

Mm, wasn't really looking at the room, I assumed he bought that shirt from Gilt.

8. sajohnson05

sajohnson05 Senior member

What are the prices of BoO shirts going for at Moda?

9. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

^I was on the phone with them recently, and they said they're stacking two 30% discounts, which comes to 51% off retail. assuming your average BoO shirt retails for $250...well, you catch my drift.

FWIW, they apparently are almost out of BoO, at least in small and medium. same with R&B and NdG.

10. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

what are some really short v neck undershirts? I wear an white AmericaApparel small under all my button downs and the shirt peaks out the sides when I'm standing, it sorta bothers me. I guess I could go XS AA.

11. 1969

1969 Senior member

^I was on the phone with them recently, and they said they're stacking two 30% discounts, which comes to 51% off retail. assuming your average BoO shirt retails for $250...well, you catch my drift. FWIW, they apparently are almost out of BoO, at least in small and medium. same with R&B and NdG.
    I realize you're the high school student with nerdy glasses, but how does 30% X 2 get you to 51%?

12. toothsomesound

30% off 30% off, do the math.

13. djs488

djs488 Senior member

14. KaiserSose

KaiserSose Senior member

Discounts at Moda were more severe than that. I got an overdye for $70 and two others for $110 that were originally $285. I also just got the s/s bib in from Gilt. Aside from the wrinkling (exacerbated by flash), how is it? [​IMG]

15. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Senior member

does the s/s fits slimmer than the l/s? i had a s/s oxford in that same color but sold it cause it was rather snug. Not sure if I have to size up for s/s.

16. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

Discounts at Moda were more severe than that. I got an overdye for $70 and two others for $110 that were originally $285.

I also just got the s/s bib in from Gilt. Aside from the wrinkling (exacerbated by flash), how is it?

I'm not a big bib person but it fits well.

17. KaiserSose

KaiserSose Senior member

Not sure of the sizing of the s/s vs long sleeve. Ask me in a few days...

I'm not a big bib person either, but I don't mind it as much on this shirt becuase it's s/s and 1000x more muted than some of the others offered at Gilt.

18. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Discounts at Moda were more severe than that. I got an overdye for $70 and two others for $110 that were originally $285.

I also just got the s/s bib in from Gilt. Aside from the wrinkling (exacerbated by flash), how is it?

I think the bib works on this s/s and this color, I don't think it works on the l/s they offer it in. I dig it.

does the s/s fits slimmer than the l/s? i had a s/s oxford in that same color but sold it cause it was rather snug. Not sure if I have to size up for s/s.

This Gilt sale was my first experience with BoO and I got a size small in a l/s OCBD and medium in the s/s contrast collar and I think the fit is almost identical. Based on this one time I would say the s/s tend to fit a tad more snug that the l/s in the A fit. I'll post my pics in a bit.

EDIT:

Plum striped l/s button down - size small
    [​IMG]

Contrast collar (yellow/white) s/s button down (mother of pearl buttons) - size medium
    [​IMG]

19. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

No chance you'd sell the plum stripe, right?

20. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

Only if you agree to pay retail for it.