• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Band of Outsiders spring/summer 2007

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by arenn
The shirt barely fit me in an XL - and I'm 5'10", 145#. The tail was short in the extreme and probably would not be suitable for tucking in.

to echo the sentiment....I'm the same height and weight (5lbs heavier) than you and the size medium is the best fitting OTR shirt I've ever tried on. The neck size is perfect if I want to button it and wear a tie, the chest and body is slim but not tight, the sleeve length is perfect so I don't have to shorten it. The shirt length is purposely shorter than normal, but it's long enough where I could tuck it in if I wanted. (which I do since I'm a tucker) Honestly, I don't get how an XL barely fits you, I'd be swimming in it.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
All of mine are the slim fitting variety in XLs with the darts on the back. If you get the regular style, it'll be your normal size. The objective of these shirts isn't to be a replacement for kiton or borrelli shirts. Yes the fabric isn't spectacular but you're paying for the cut, fit and style. It's a casual shirt so if you don't understand that you're wasting your time. My margiela shirts actually fit better but these are pretty damn good which is why I have a few of them. I love the short hem and oddly enough people complain about it
crackup[1].gif

The whole line is meant to fit kind of comically akin to what exactly I forgot his exact words but it is done intentionally. The suits would never fit me they're so short and slim.

Lysol

Reaction score
if nothing else, BOO and thom browne have made my thrift store couture infinitely more fashionable. i went on a job interview in jersey city (a stones throw from manhattan) today at a digital media company and i didn't think twice about wearing a pair of thrifted brown pants, white h&m oxford (i know some people on here are fans of h&m's oxfords for their fit and price but this shirt ******* sucks. you couldn't have paid me to take my jacket off. for the $15 more i'll take a banana republic slim fit oxford on the cheap), h&m cord blazer and a thrifted 3" brown crested tie (ok, shoes by jil sander for a little bit of flash) and not only did i feel entirely appropriate at this interview... it honestly modeled the entire outfit after a BOO look... i was offered the job by the time i got back to philadelphia.

peace hate city.

Lysol

Reaction score
oh and just to have something productive to add... BOO large fits me like a medium... i'm 6' with a 38" chest. i suppose i could understand someone who wears a normal XL not even fitting an arm in a hole but with your measurements that's really surprising.

TheOneTrueMatt

Reaction score
Yet another best-fitting-shirt-I-own sentiment here. I'm 5'10" 130lbs, pretty darn skinny, and I own a couple Smalls of the back-darted "please size up" variety and they are just amazing imo. I love how short they're cut, though I heard either this season or in the fall they're going to also offer some longer-cut shirts for tucking in.

I was already planning on buying one of Jason's suits, but hearing they're a similar style to BOO makes me want one even more (esp since there's no way I can afford a BOO suit, I got my two shirts and a tie all on sale as it is).

soultek

Reaction score
Dude, I'm a XXL in BOO, and I'm a Large in most other types of shirts (42" chest).

I love their shirts on the rack, but never never fit them. There was one XXL that was ordered by Ron Herman last year, but it was 315$ ouch!

arenn

Reaction score
There must be multiple fits in those shirts. The one I tried was from the spring collection. I was trying on Mediums in most other brands and the sale clerk specifically advised trying the XL on BoO because of how slim fitting they were.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
There are multiple fits..
I wear in small in almost all their shirts, a few i've gotten directly from Scott, one of the owners, in XS that they make for the Japanese market.
And my XS and S all fit the same but they shouldn't..
So yeah, there's two or three different style cuts, and they actually DO make a small series of shirts that are longer than the rest if you go to a store that stocks their entire collection like Rolo or Barney's.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, there are two basic cuts in BoO.

The button down collar shirts are usually much slimmer, as much as 3-4" in the chest than the non-button down collar shirts. I wear XL or XXL in the former, and L in the latter, for reference.

haresh

Reaction score
Seeing how there are more than one cut, which other BOO shirts fits like those button down "batiste " slim shirts ? They are a fantastic slim fit.

Thanks.

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
As far as I can tell, there are two basic cuts in BoO.

The button down collar shirts are usually much slimmer, as much as 3-4" in the chest than the non-button down collar shirts. I wear XL or XXL in the former, and L in the latter, for reference.

Thanks for the general "rule of thumb." Exactly what I was looking for.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
This navy blazer w/gold buttons is really cool.....I like how they took a stodgy old man staple and made it youthful and relevant. Tried it on and it has a great fit, real slim, and easy to dress up or down, plus I dig the welted seams....tho it works best as a casual jacket imo
IMG_2774.jpg

bsyde82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scoon0224
I'll third the 'best fitting shirt I own' sentiment, at 5"11, 185 with a large...

The shirts are cut short with the intent of being untucked, as far as I know. (instead of looking sloppy like wearing a real dress shirt untucked, hanging past your ass)

how short is a good length for you guys? just bought a steven alan shirt, which fits great in every area except length...its weird they made it so long, even for their short sleeves...so im gettin it shortened...

i like to have the bottom go slightly past the top of my jean pocket...i'd go shorter but then it'd look too funny on the side if i keep the same proportions.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
That's the reason I hate sa shirts and the quality is eh. For thirty bucks more I get gangsta ass boo shirts.

onesidekojax

Reaction score
Get Smart, you wear a sz M in the a-body shirts—what size did you try on with the twill blazer? I'm considering buying it.

I'm a sz S and tried on the a sz 1 suit in January. It looked great, but a little too Thom Brown-ish (meh) and very restrictive. I opted instead to buy the donagal tweed blazer in a sz 2 which fits really well on me without being too shrunken and boyish, although I've yet to take it in to get it altered. I'm also thinking in the long term; when I get older and fatter it'll fit me even better.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads