1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Band Of Outsiders S/S 09 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by constant struggle, May 7, 2009.

1. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

Originally Posted by thekunk07 Superbobo looks like a Kansas grandpa from 1973 with a glandular problem; only thing more boring then workwear repros is workwear originals. It's peasant clothing for a reason. wow, that was rather unexpected. Especially the glandular part...

2. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

hey bobo. to clarify, that was magician's take on a prior quote that was totally vague. hope you weren't offended...especially cause i didn;t say it. [​IMG]

3. DrPat

DrPat Senior member

Does anyone know of another set of measurements for the short sleeve overdye oxford or has someone measured one of their own.

I talked to someone at Jonathan and Olivia who told me the following:

Medium: Shoulder 16
    Large: Shoulder 17 p2p: 18
    XL: Shoulder 17.5 p2p: 19

This is much different than what Context posts:
    http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=741

I am a medium in almost everything and shirts measuring 17in in the shoulders and 40in to 42in the chest fit me nicely. I am trying to decide if I need a L or XL in the overdyed.

4. Teger

Teger Senior member

I would size up for the S/S. They are small as FUCK. I cannot even fit into an XL... much too short and tight.

That said those J+O measurements are wrong, especially shoulders.

5. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

i want a j crew button down but they are too inexpensive. where to kop for 4x the price?

6. Teger

Teger Senior member

i want a j crew button down but they are too inexpensive. where to kop for 4x the price?

raf simons

7. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

fuck you ben. at least lame basics are only part of raf's offering, not the whole collection. i am anxiously awaiting ari gold's take on gap.

8. breakz

breakz Senior member

[​IMG] You make no secret of your hate for BoO. Refreshing stuff.

9. Teger

Teger Senior member

fuck you ben. at least lame basics are only part of raf's offering, not the whole collection. i am anxiously awaiting ari gold's take on gap.

youre upset that you didnt think of the brand idea first, cause you'd be rolling in$$ like sternberg

10. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Hey Kunk, back off. My BoO shirts got me more compliments from middle/high school students than any of my other shirts. The patchwork s/s from last spring also has gotten compliments twice while playing video games at bars. Jcrew just doesn't bring in the underage poon like BoO

11. Dan G

Dan G Senior member

As much I hate to agree with the Kunk, in this case I do. The next time one of your trust funds is burning a hole in your pocket, please do the following (1) go to Jcrew (2) purchase a button down in a size smaller than you wear (3) donate $200 to charity (4) tell your friends your shirt is BoO.

I know these shirts are made in the USA, but for this price they better have investment bankers hand stitching them in the top floor of the GM building.

12. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Seriously though, i understand with kunk because he's buff but if people really think sizing down on a jcrew shirt is remotely close, then man are they mistaken. If a blousy jcrew shirt makes you happy, by all means be happy.

Also, $200-225 retail and $125-175 on sale for a shirt being outrageous is a bit much. Try not to look at any other designer clothing to protect your mind from exploading

13. Teger

Teger Senior member

As much I hate to agree with the Kunk, in this case I do. The next time one of your trust funds is burning a hole in your pocket, please do the following (1) go to Jcrew (2) purchase a button down in a size smaller than you wear (3) donate $200 to charity (4) tell your friends your shirt is BoO.

I know these shirts are made in the USA, but for this price they better have investment bankers hand stitching them in the top floor of the GM building.

nice try but the difference is kunk is trolling and you don't realize how dumb your post is.

sorry, but band =/ jcrew in fit, fabric, construction or detailing

14. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Hey Kunk, back off. My BoO shirts got me more compliments from middle/high school students than any of my other shirts. The patchwork s/s from last spring also has gotten compliments twice while playing video games at bars. Jcrew just doesn't bring in the underage poon like BoO

[​IMG]

15. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Who are you and why do you hate to agree with Kunk?

Teh Kunk is teh best.

16. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

Dan G is baller. and my cousin. his word is bond.

17. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

[​IMG]

18. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

sorry, but band =/ jcrew in fit

I'm still not convinced of that. boo on the left, jcrew "tailored fit" on the right (unaltered by me). The sleeves are negligibly fuller on the jc, but to my eyes the fit looks the same.

[​IMG]

Agreed on all other counts of boo being a superior product though (obviously).

19. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

thank you pink. you guys are paying for sternberg's marketing. it's why i buy ro leather jackets but aa viscose tees instead of ro $300 tees. it's this kind of prudence that affords me minivans and once a week take out

20. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member