1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Band of Outsiders Rumor.. (don't worry, they're still alive)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by SoCal2NYC, Jan 13, 2009.

1. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

ftfy

j crew slim fit oxfords suck dick. the fabric is cheap and flimsy, the collars are small and pathetic, and you have to size down so much to get a fit in the body that the shoulders/neck don't even approach fitting.

boo l/xl are perfect for guys with broad shoulders but little taste[​IMG]

2. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

ftfy

I see this a lot. what does it stand for?

3. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

kunk- Speaking of filippak, have you seen any stores with their button ups for cheap? I want that light blue one gilt was selling (not in my size of course) and i know you're into filippak. Filippak retail prices are pretty high as well and their button ups are definitely not as nice material and fit wise. I still like the filippak shirt that i have right now, but then again, i got it for $50 used.

4. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

boo l/xl are perfect for guys with broad shoulders but slim waists... if only they brought back the tall [​IMG]

amen, brother...

5. unjung

unjung Senior member

I see this a lot. what does it stand for?

"Fixed that for you": I have modified your original post to make it truer and more likely funnier.

6. Teger

Teger Senior member

kunk some of us are content to buy clothes that fit, not jam ourselves in to raf simons [​IMG] also, to be fair, I never buy BOO for full price.

7. Teger

Teger Senior member

also how the fuck does 'taste' enter in to the equation with band? they make shirts in the most simple, basic patterns. is buying a shirt in an identical fabric from raf simons or dries van noten somehow more 'tasteful'?

8. zissou

zissou Senior member

also, to be fair, I never buy BOO for full price.

Isn't that because you work in a store that sells BoO?

9. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

You, bamchairdance, are blowing my mind.
    Do I really have to defend my post? Relax. --edit--
    Wait, what? I was agreeing with you.
    Ha, gotcha. I didn't know how to take that.

10. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

"Fixed that for you": I have modified your original post to make it truer and more likely funnier.

gotcha. thanks, I'm still mourning the days when FTW meant "fuck the world" rather than the current gay-bro usage of "for the win" [​IMG]

11. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Do I really have to defend my post? Relax.

Wait, what? I was agreeing with you. I'm confused

12. Teger

Teger Senior member

Isn't that because you work in a store that sells BoO?

I've never paid full price for a band shirt even before I worked there... it's not hard to find them at 25% discount+. I just bought a $310ish sea island shirt down to $75 on eluxury.

13. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

also how the fuck does 'taste' enter in to the equation with band? they make shirts in the most simple, basic patterns. is buying a shirt in an identical fabric from raf simons or dries van noten somehow more 'tasteful'?

If it was Raf or Dries, it probably wouldn't have a shirt tail that covers your crotch in front but shows your belt on the side.

14. Teger

Teger Senior member

If it was Raf or Dries, it probably wouldn't have a shirt tail that covers your crotch in front but shows your belt on the side.

what does this have to do with anything?

15. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

what does this have to do with anything?

That fit is a reason why a number of people don't like BoO.

16. Teger

Teger Senior member

That fit is a reason why a number of people don't like BoO.

I don't care if you don't like it. kunk said the people who buy it have no taste, which is what I took issue with.

17. whodini

whodini Senior member

I don't care if you don't like it. kunk said the people who buy it have no taste, which is what I took issue with.

Kunk just likes to be a cunt. I'll be sure to wear boo when we meet next week.

18. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Buying stuff with terrible fit would imply no taste too :p He's just screwing with you guys though.

19. Lysol

Lysol Senior member

Wait, so you're saying a company like gap, jcrew, ralph lauren who produce a ton of clothes generally made in cheap overseas workshops to send to their own stores all over the country can do this at a cheaper cost than a relatively small design team who use quality materials and make them in small quantities in the USA and also have to deal with many different small retailers? You, bamchairdance, are blowing my mind.

Also, the buttons don't really have to do with shotty construction/quality. This has also been explained in past BoO related threads. People just need to come to terms they'll always hate expensive clothing (except a lot of people don't have a problem with $300 japanese jeans for some reason)

To be fair, with exception, Steven Alan has produced almost the exact same shirt in the USA, likely at the same place the BoO uses and their prices are much more reasonable, in my opinion, for what they are; staple button downs. I don't see much difference in the quality or construction of either with there being around $100 difference in price at retail.

To use any defense other than "IT'S A FREE MARKET MOTHERF**KERS" and to assume that people who believe the BoO is priced too high can't afford / don't "get it" seems a bit childish. I wouldn't make the mistake of thinking that you know why other people think the way that they do.

20. jskidder

jskidder Senior member

the difference is that steven alan is garbage and the shirts fit like a tent. i could fit 2 of me in a steven alan xs. the fabrics are inferior and they are not tailored at all. huge difference.