• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Band of Outsiders Holiday/SS09

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by keykoo
Nothing excites me. Besides their spot on suiting, the brand is pretty much over for me I guess. BoO hype train over?

Agreed. Though, I never really liked them enough to get into their designs anyway.

Also, the tassel boat shoes in the collection feel very weird.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
SS=
Pro: I'll probably get the mustard yellow shirt.
Con: I'm not sure how I feel about the contrasting buttons, either black or white. It worked great with the Ketchup shirt a few seasons ago but it looks kinda tacky with the white buttons on a plaid shirt. Also, the madras stuff feels like too much too late.

Holiday:
That cashmere coat looks rad. I really want to see the tartan hoodie in person. Looks like they're bringing another version of the baseball jacket that I completely dropped the ball on.

Thing with BoO is they do the classic basics pretty damn well but there comes a point where it's just trying to reinvent the wheel.

Brian SD

Reaction score
It's too sober to be James Chance, yet despite its prudent aesthetic doesn't have any of the coyness that BoO has been known for in the past

The absolute piss poor photography and image quality aren't helping either, though I have a hunch that both these things are purposeful for the sake of irony. I have a feeling Sternberg has been desperately searching for a way to revitalize a line where the shtick has grown tired, but to my eyes he went off in the wrong direction.

It could be the presentation that's really throwing me off here. I'll still be checking it out in person.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
holiday: tartan hoodie - could be a kop
spring: that yellow jacket is cool, biege cardigan as well

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would kop the hell out of a velvet suit if I had paper. That's honestly the sort of thing I've had on my wishlist for some time.

I really hated the shoes though. Would have loved something a little more staid or dressier. I would have liked to see a plain penny loafer or something.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wrote a lot for S/S09 and it looks great.
I am not just saying either.
Looking at a fashion show and looking at what really retails are two totally different things.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by djs488
S/S looks too much like a Modern Amusement lookbook.

very true

Originally Posted by Mauro
Looking at a fashion show and looking at what really retails are two totally different things.

even more true

caff

Reaction score
Not really feeling it with these pics, but I do agree that head to toe BoO usually looks off... (or must take something to pull off that I don't have.) Will reserve judgment for more "normal" pics I guess.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads