• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Band of Outsiders FW 2009

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
It's the nice thing about the Gilt site design. They only have sales for like 2 days and you never know when it's going to sell out so it increases peoples' urge to to impulse buy. In online forums, you can always just talk yourself into waiting till the next day

Glad to hear you like your shirt though

KaiserSose

Reaction score
Yah I suppose. I really like their business model. It would be cool to be involved in their business. Anyways, I promise I won't spam this thread anymore but since we are already kind of off on a tangent, here's a few pics of the shirts I just picked up. I kind of don't know what to do. All of these shirts fit me so well that I want to keep them, but I got three from Gilt & three from Moda.. I don't know if I need six.. but at the same time I don't really want to deal with the B&S drama and it's hard to choose which ones I want to give up.. I guess that's what you call a good problem. This one is small... very surprised it fits me.
BoO013.jpg
BoO012.jpg
This one is a medium.. and apparently the one people are flying off the handle to sell. I really don't get the comments about it fitting big. I mean I'm 5'9, 155lbs
BoO005.jpg

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
those fit fine.

fyi the female cop on the mentalist has worn band of outsidesr men's shirts in episodes. she was wearing the twill dyed brown shirt (the two chest pocket one) earlier this season

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
medium fits well, small is a bitttt small if you get any sort of gut you are screwed

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
those fit fine.

fyi the female cop on the mentalist has worn band of outsidesr men's shirts in episodes. she was wearing the twill dyed brown shirt (the two chest pocket one) earlier this season

What does Mr. Mentalist himself wear? He usually looks fairly dapper in this three pieces.

KaiserSose

Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
medium fits well, small is a bitttt small if you get any sort of gut you are screwed
Lol.. not so much worried about the gut, but I have a truzzi dress shirt in the exact same pattern that fits me spot on and surprisingly works untucked(not OCBD)...bah..I'm such an idiot about keeping clothes.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mulansauce
What does Mr. Mentalist himself wear? He usually looks fairly dapper in this three pieces.

no idea. he always vests though without a jacket, not that big of a fan. he also puts his hands in his jacket pockets, deforms the jacket
frown.gif

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
fwiw the most I've ever paid for a band shirt is like $140 and most are far below that

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Both those shirts fit good.

I had both the leather and nylon boat shoe in my cart, I wish I would have just bought both instead of going with one.... oh regrets
musicboohoo[1].gif

Fallen Angels

Reaction score
unsure if this forum cares about the womens lines, but I thought Boy by BoO (their womens line) wasnt that great for FW09 season. There were only a couple pieces i would like to see girls wear

oh, and <3 Tao O.
boybyboo2.jpg

inlove.gif

Jay_1989

Reaction score
Damn I hate being a broke college student (well the broke part at least). I love this BoO season, reminds me a lot of some of the looks in that &quot;Take Ivy&quot; book ....

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I willpost the suits that arrived today and the school boy blazer asap

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics