• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

banana republic selvage jeans

adiksamaong

Reaction score
I'm contemplating on buying some one-wash pair of them coz they're the only cheap(16USD) ones i can find here. but from reading the reviews, im in a dillema if i'll buy them ofrnot.

i've read from a couple of threads that some of you own a banana republic selvage denim jeans.. i just want to ask how does BR selvage jeans fade? any pics of a worn out pair? would really appreciate it if some SF'ers will post some pics.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adiksamaong
I'm contemplating on buying some one-wash pair of them coz they're the only cheap(16USD) ones i can find here. but from reading the reviews, im in a dillema if i'll buy them ofrnot.

i've read from a couple of threads that some of you own a banana republic selvage denim jeans.. i just want to ask how does BR selvage jeans fade? any pics of a worn out pair? would really appreciate it if some SF'ers will post some pics.

where are you finding it for 16$?

adiksamaong

Reaction score
i live in the Philippines... if ever i decided to get it, i'll buy them in a mall in the metro.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For 16 bucks, you can't make that big of a mistake. I've never seen BR selvage before, but it's probably along the same line as the Gap 1969 version.

adiksamaong

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jean_connoisseur23
where in the phils can you get it
??

it's in greenhills... there are only a couple of shops that have 'em and with only limited stocks... only saw 5-6 stocks in one of their shops with the smallest size being a 33. the largest i think is 35 or 38. i didn't check their other shop

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I have a pair but I've never worn them enough to get any kind of fade. They were a dark one rinse and not bad jeans on sale (got mine for $25). The fit isnt really my cup of tea but they're good for bumming around in.

adiksamaong

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I have a pair but I've never worn them enough to get any kind of fade. They were a dark one rinse and not bad jeans on sale (got mine for $25). The fit isnt really my cup of tea but they're good for bumming around in.

i've tried them and and have to agree with the fit.. they're too full legged. if ever i've decided on buying them i might have the leg altered and chainstitch the hem. in chainstitching, should i have them doubled or a single lined chainstitch... i know a tailor here on the province who charged a little under $1 for chainstitching the hem and the inseams... pretty cheap...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adiksamaong
i live in the Philippines... if ever i decided to get it, i'll buy them in a mall in the metro.
I need to go to the Philippines..

adiksamaong

Reaction score
Originally Posted by knucks
I need to go to the Philippines..
you should... but i must warn you that the BR selvage are in very, very limited stocks only... 12 pairs maybe 15 tops. but what the heck, you can get levi's knock offs here for $8-10. LOL. with your choice of denim and own measurements in all parts of the jeans. LOL

nomovement

Reaction score
banana reublic has an unwritten goal:to translate the human body into a rectangle...sometimes they even go for a square. I'm sure the denim is nice-although their washes seem a little too intentional; but the fit is gonna be off.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nomovement
banana reublic has an unwritten goal:to translate the human body into a rectangle
Boxed for truth.

adiksamaong

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jean_connoisseur23
are there nudie or evisu there??or other selvedge jeans??
AFAIK, none... i saw some evisu's and edwin's in a thrift store in manila but very minimal. there's a boutique in manila which sells APC's and diors though

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads