1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Banana Republic Pushing Three-Piece Suits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MrDaniels, Aug 20, 2008.

1. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

note the photo at HSM's website. Its another nice three-piece, unfortunately, its not available on the website.

http://www.hartschaffnermarx.com/mensstore/

Here's a direct link to that shot:

[​IMG]

They are definately going for a less trend-forward look.

So, did they pick the youngish model to also try and sell to younger men, or are they just following the Only Use Models in Their Early Twenties rule?

2. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

Do they charge extra for all that shoulder?

3. Matt B

Matt B Senior member

Wow. $900 for a 3-piece BR suit? For the same price you can get a decent MTM 2-piece, and I'm rather certain it will fit better. Heck, for a few dollars more, you can get a 3-piece MTM.
    I'm a bit puzzled at their price point selection.

Again, the fit was quite nice. I have had a MTM suit done by Harry Rosen which definitely did not look as sharp, though at the time I knew very little about what constituted proper fit.

If they go on sale, I will consider it. The jacket certainly wasn't stiff, but the fabric seemed somewhat "budget."

M

4. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Three-piece suits shouldn't be worn with belts. It looks vaguely tacky.

5. JimInSoCalif

JimInSoCalif Senior member

Three-piece suits shouldn't be worn with belts. It looks vaguely tacky.

If the three piece suit fits properly, the belt should not show, however I have started wearing braces with all of my suits as they are more comfortable.

Cheers, Jim.

6. JimInSoCalif

JimInSoCalif Senior member

I am a Certified Senior Citizen and one reason I wear suits is that I have this old fashioned idea that when I dine out that the patrons should dress better than the staff. I don't need a suit for any business purpose, but I am comfortable wearing them for social occasions.

The last three suits I have purchased are three piece MTM from Samuelsohn. As I recall, the cost of the vest is about the same as the cost of an extra pair of trousers. This may vary a bit with other suit makers, but I think it is pretty close with most of them.

Cheers, Jim.

7. eHaberdasher

eHaberdasher Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Actually, a vest costs slightly more to produce than trousers - seems silly, but that is reality.