1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Banana republic outlet

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Pink22m, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Pink22m

Pink22m Senior member

I was planning to purchase a pair of driving loafers, but I figured I would save some money this time and purchase them at Banana Republic's outlet store, which is about 30 minutes from me. Has anyone ever purchased anything from Banana's outlet? Is it the same merchandise that is in regular Banana Republic stores, or is their merchandise that is made specifically for the outlet?

2. itzamazing

itzamazing Senior member

The BR outlets tend to be overpriced. I would wait for a sale in store. A good amount, in fact over 50% of the items will say Banana Republic Factory Store, which means they have never seen the insides of the actual BR store. Funny thing is, I went once and I saw the same styles from a few seasons back, just with the factory label outlet, and priced at only about 30-40% lower than original retail. If it is a close drive perhaps it is worth it, but I find the selection and value of a real BR store sale to be much better overall, especially since they now have so much merchandise that is made for the factory store only.